426 engine

5 replies to this topic
  • ndiben

Posted December 16, 2006 - 10:36 AM

I recently had a valve on my '00 426 snap and thrash my cylinder, piston and head. The cheapest i fould find for parts is about 900 and thats without replacing the rear shock which is totally gone. It now seems that my best option is to just find a used engine unless anyone else might have some suggestions.... ?

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted December 16, 2006 - 10:59 AM

You never know what you are getting with a used engine. I would put the $$'s and effort into the engine you have and leave with a piece of mind that all is good. $900.00 sounds a bit high you may want to double check your pricing or look somewhere else.

- RCD

• grayracer513

Posted December 16, 2006 - 04:29 PM

Thumper Talk OEM will get you 30% or so off of retail, but you have to join first, and you may need to call them for 426 parts

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto2000

Posted December 16, 2006 - 08:04 PM

You got a PM bud.:thumbsup:

• Kyle Prior

Posted December 16, 2006 - 09:30 PM

Thumper Talk OEM will get you 30% or so off of retail, but you have to join first, and you may need to call them for 426 parts

When it came time for my order, I just went to Yamaha's website, where they have to parts numbers, entered them into the TT OEM system, and the parts came up.. Great guys at TT, OEM included.

• martybec

Posted December 17, 2006 - 08:53 PM

E-bay!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.