Free mods minus grey wire

5 replies to this topic
  • Ryah

Posted December 16, 2006 - 09:40 AM

I've done all of the free mods, minus the grey wire mod. My question is, does this hurt anything? I typically ride in loose terrain conditions and it was my thinking that by keeping the grey wire intact that the back wheel would not spin so easy. Would this be the case? Or should I just disconnect the grey wire as it's not going to effect the rear wheel spin?

• specialk6r

Posted December 16, 2006 - 10:44 AM

No, it won't hurt anything to leave the grey wire connected. Wheelspin is caused by power, and disconnecting the grey wire (which gives you YZF timing) will give you a little more power. However, trading your bike in for a XR100 will also give you less power, and a pocket full of cash. With the wire disconnected, the WR's power is still so linear that wheelspin is easily controled. I'd do it and never wonder what it would be like to have a little more.

• snmhanson

Posted December 16, 2006 - 10:58 AM

It's very easy to disconnect and then reconnect if you don't like it. Just don't cut the wire - pull the plug out and tape it off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jwar1r1t3

Posted December 16, 2006 - 11:16 AM

What wouldn't you like about the wire being dissconnected?

• ch0g

Posted December 16, 2006 - 05:43 PM

i know this grey wire topic is one that i see in the wr forums daily but i had a question about an '04 wr450 from australia. does the wire trick still apply here in OZ?

i have mine setup on a switch which disconnects the wire at will. does the bike need to be off to make the change or can it be done on the fly?

• clark4131

Posted December 17, 2006 - 06:13 AM

Search Results: Grey Wire Switch

It took me all of 5 seconds to type and get the results, and I didn't have to wait for someone to respond :thumbsup:...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.