06 YZF linkage clunk?

3 replies to this topic
  • jetnurse

Posted December 16, 2006 - 04:49 AM

After one season of riding Motocross the rear linkage has developed a "clunk" at the top of the stroke (full extension). You can feel the clunk when you lift the bike to set it on the stand....

I have replaced all bearings in the linkage and the shock.

Is this normal? The linkage bolts and bearings all seem ok. The swing arm bearing are ok also... no side to side.

When I isolate each movement of the linkage there seems to not be any odd movement.

Any help would be great

Jetnurse

• Ga426owner

Posted December 16, 2006 - 07:52 AM

After one season of riding Motocross the rear linkage has developed a "clunk" at the top of the stroke (full extension). You can feel the clunk when you lift the bike to set it on the stand....

I have replaced all bearings in the linkage and the shock.

Is this normal? The linkage bolts and bearings all seem ok. The swing arm bearing are ok also... no side to side.

When I isolate each movement of the linkage there seems to not be any odd movement.

Any help would be great

Jetnurse

Did you replace after noticing the clunk? Sounds like shock bearings to me....my 03 is having similar symptom....I will break down all the linkage here soon ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted December 16, 2006 - 11:20 AM

I know if the top shock bolt comes loose at all it will clunk. You said that you checked that though. Maybe something inside the shock is broken.

• jetnurse

Posted December 16, 2006 - 03:06 PM

I have replaced the bearings on the shock and linkage.. That sholdent be the problem. The shock was looked at by a suspension tech, OK .

Just lookin to see if this has happened to anybody else?

Jetnurse

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.