What hand guards do you recommend?

21 replies to this topic
  • PK

Posted December 17, 2006 - 09:55 PM

Cycra makes the mounts that bolt to the triple clamp as well as barkbusters. When I bent the Cycra barkbusters, I bought some Moose barkbusters and mounted them to the Cycra triple clamp mounts. Clear as mud? The Cycras aren't worth the extra money in my opinion. They are unique because the end that mounts to the end of the handlebar are curved rather that straight like everybody else. I can't understand why they do this, it does't make them stronger or any easier to get your hand off the bars, odd in deed. Cycra is the only manufacturer though of the triple clamp mount that I have seen, that's why I went them in the first place.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • red7

Posted December 17, 2006 - 11:42 PM

Right on man, thanks for clearing that up! I think I'll give the Moose a try since they are half as much as the Cycras. I bent my other Acerbis Rally Pro today so they are going in the garbage. It wasn't a big slam but it was a wild ride. There was a rythmn section with multiple sets of 30' doubles real close together. It's one of the more challenging sections on our track but I normally don't have any issues. For some reason my nose dove off the first double and I cased the landing enough that I kicked it into neutral I was already on the takeoff of the next double when I got it back in gear and pinned it launching me straight up almost looping out, I cased the next double since I lost all my moment and that one took me down. Today was only my 7th day ever riding a track or jumping and my first slam. I got a fist sized lump on my right thigh and left a good bit of skin from my right forearm/elbow at the track but I got up and couldn't help but laugh. Heck, if I don't ever fall then I'm not pushing myself so it was a good day at the track. About 30 minutes later my buddy slammed on the exact same section but on the first double and had almost identical battle wounds.

Back to my point....don't waist your time on Acerbis Rally Pros unless you ride really conservatively and never crash. The aluminum is so soft that they will bend if your bike falls over in the garage. I think they are the nicest looking but they suck!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.