Dry break system ???

4 replies to this topic
  • Blade Man

Posted December 14, 2006 - 07:08 PM

Can anyone tell me about the dry brake system for tanks?:thumbsup:

I am looking into a Large capacity tank and am not sure what the advantages of a dry brake system are if any. In fact I know nothing about the dry brake system so any input will help.:devil:

Thanks,

Blade man

• NavyNuke

Posted December 14, 2006 - 07:17 PM

only advantage is faster fill ups with the right gas can. great for loong distance racing.

a dry break is basically a spring loaded setup that you push in to fill with the nozzle on the can, pull the can off, and the spring seals the cap. no screwing on/off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dsharpe

Posted December 14, 2006 - 08:34 PM

dry brakes are mostly for racing. quick pit stops save huge amounts of time. the down side is the cost and the need for a dry brake dumper.

• mexihonkey

Posted December 15, 2006 - 07:01 PM

You need a special dump can for the dry-break system. If you don't have the dump can then it is a pain and very slow getting gas in, especially with a regular fuel jug. You are way better off getting a regular screw on type if you're not racing. If you're racing the dry-break is a huge benefit. You can get a dry break tank with a screw on adapter to go back and forth between dry break and screw-on type. It only takes a couple minutes to unscrew and change out.

• Blade Man

Posted December 19, 2006 - 04:22 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Not sure what I will get yet but at least I know something about them now. Thinking about racing but not sure that I can aford it yet.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.