CA DMV..I'm pulling my hair out

4 replies to this topic
  • TeamGrover

Posted December 14, 2006 - 03:40 PM

Went in today to renew the registration for the plate on my WR400F at the Escondido DMV and cannot believe the lack of knowledge the DMV staff has. First, I told the lady that I have a dual sported dirt bike and I needed to renew my plate, the green is still current. She asked me TWICE if I was sure that I had a license plate. This is after I handed her my title with my Motorcycle's license plate number on it!!! AAAAGGGHHH....Then I asked her if I was going to get a reneweal notice for my green sticker in June and she got confused AGAIN!!!! I was going to try and renew my green sticker early, but I figured I better drop it before she calls over a supervisor and tries to take away my green sticker....eventhough it was dual sported before the deadline. The lady did not even know what a green sticker was, or what a dual sport bike was. I couldn't believe it. Thank god I was able to get my new registration sticker for my plate without any hassle. :devil::thumbsup:

• tntmo

Posted December 14, 2006 - 04:44 PM

Pay by mail or online, then you don't have to deal with the incompetent DMV clerks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TeamGrover

Posted December 14, 2006 - 05:17 PM

I know...i wish I could've, but I haven't recieved my renewal notice in the they suck.

• jeffm

Posted December 14, 2006 - 05:33 PM

I didn't think you had to get a green sticker if you had a plate?

• tntmo

Posted December 14, 2006 - 08:48 PM

I didn't think you had to get a green sticker if you had a plate?

You don't have to, but if you have a green sticker you can run your bike stripped down (no lights, etc) in legal off-road areas. I have one bike set up with both a plate and green sticker.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.