race tech springs?

9 replies to this topic
  • electroman

Posted December 13, 2006 - 03:34 PM

I put on a set of race tech front springs .49's on my 06 wr. My question is do you just take the stock ones out and put the new ones in the same way? Whats the deal with the washers they give you, do you need to put those some place and if so why and where. :thumbsup:

• NavyNuke

Posted December 13, 2006 - 08:18 PM

last set of race tech springs I did, you take your stock springs/spacers out, and measure the length of them stacked on top of each other. Then you trim the race tech spacers to make the race tech springs/spacers the same height as the stock springs/spacers.

might change the fork oil while your at it. OEM oil usually dosn't last as long as some good bel ray.

• clark4131

Posted December 13, 2006 - 10:11 PM

I just pulled the OEM springs out and threw in the new RaceTechs. No problem...SC

• jocko

Posted December 14, 2006 - 04:15 AM

this post in the 250 forum should help:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=444994

• clark4131

Posted December 14, 2006 - 07:02 AM

this post in the 250 forum should help:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=444994

Actually, no. Comparing a YZ250F and WR450 is not the right way to go, kind of an apples vs. oranges thing. Pull the stock spring and compare it with the RaceTech. If it's the same length, don't worry, if not, then use the spacers. Mine were the same length, hence my lack of a problem...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted December 21, 2006 - 07:52 PM

I have springs coming also, .5's for me, do you measure the springs unloaded and compare them to stock? I too need some good info on changing these, first time for this........

• clark4131

Posted December 21, 2006 - 09:00 PM

Where did you find .50's if you don't mind my asking? It's a very simple procedure, just follow the manual. There was a write-up floating around a year or so ago, but I'm not sure where it went...SC

• pkcof

Posted December 21, 2006 - 09:09 PM

stock springs vs. race tech .... is there really that much difference ?
i was under the impression that as long as the springs are in the correct range then it is the valving that needs attention (at least that's what i found with my '05)
cheers

• electroman

Posted December 21, 2006 - 09:38 PM

I just swapped out my stock springs last week .49's in the front and 58 on the rear. The whole deal took me about an hour and went fairly smooth, I too just replaced the stock ones with the race tech with no adjusting of any kind. If you just ride trails and mild tracks the stock valving is pretty good, if you hit the track hard some valving is needed. I rode mine last satuday with the new springs and full yosh exuast system, man night and day differance. I wanted to keep my 04 yz450, but after the changes to the 06 wr forget it the yz has gota go no need for it.:thumbsup:

• Fullbore4

Posted December 21, 2006 - 10:32 PM

I got .5 Factory Connection fork springs. Racetech only go as high as .48 for my bike.....06WR.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.