MSR Raptor on 05 WR

6 replies to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted December 13, 2006 - 10:46 AM

I was going to purchase a MSR Pro-Raptor clutch lever assembly w/ hotstart for my 05 WR450F.

Does it bolt right on? I don't want to modify much.

Also, I know the clutch switch cable will not work with this, mine fell out a month ago and I didnt even know what is was for.

What do I do with this cluthc switch cable? I saw a post that I connect the two wires together, or do I just disconnect, or do I need it?

Thanks....

I just need an easier clutch pull. I am doing these long 5 hour races and my arm can't take it.

• Asgeir

Posted December 13, 2006 - 11:04 AM

Leave the switch hanging, it will not hurt...or connect those 2 wires together if you do not like the switch in the loom.

• Asgeir

Posted December 13, 2006 - 12:57 PM

MSR 34-2002 is a clutch perch with hot start and a hole for the clutch switch.

You can find it here :

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=443&s=2

Then you need the MSR 34-1984 shorty lever :

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=442&s=2

This should fit the 03-06 WR450F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fullbore4

Posted December 13, 2006 - 01:05 PM

Thanks Asgeir.........those are about half the price of yamaha replacements!!

• Derwud

Posted December 13, 2006 - 03:32 PM

I ran the MSR Raptor on my YZ for years and loved it. Switched to ASV, a little better.

• Asgeir

Posted December 14, 2006 - 01:40 PM

I ran the MSR Raptor on my YZ for years and loved it. Switched to ASV, a little better.

Do you have the same light feel you can get with the MSR ? (by 3 different holes for the cable in the lever)

• Derwud

Posted December 14, 2006 - 03:02 PM

Do you have the same light feel you can get with the MSR ? (by 3 different holes for the cable in the lever)

THe ASV's were almost as light in pull, but the lever seemed much smother and better built.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.