YZ 450F running rich?

6 replies to this topic

Posted December 13, 2006 - 08:29 AM

Ok so I put on my procircuit TI-4 exhaust and the sticker burnt off of the exhaust pipe... what's not right here?

• grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2006 - 09:00 AM

There was a "Sticker" on the exhaust pipe? That sounds like a flawed concept.

Posted December 14, 2006 - 08:54 AM

It was the lable that says TI-4... I called PC and they said it sounds like it's time to repack the muffler... I only have 10hrs on the new exhaust system but he said that would be one reason it's running hotter...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted December 14, 2006 - 03:10 PM

Usually running leaner creates a hotter than normal exhaust....

Have you been experiencing backfiring???

• felix 222

Posted December 14, 2006 - 05:20 PM

does it sputter when acceleration or sound like it poppes when letting off the gas?

• FFRacing79

Posted December 14, 2006 - 06:49 PM

If the packing is blown out, the outer core will get hot enough to burn the sticker. Tdub

Posted January 04, 2007 - 10:29 AM

I'm still confussed... nope it's not backfiring and nope I'm not sputtering the bike rips... I thought about repacking but my buddy (mechanic and mmi grad) told me it would be a waste of my time b/c the pipe has like 4 hrs on it...

Dunno guys? got some new stickers from PC and I'm going riding :lol:

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.