EFI....When?

12 replies to this topic
  • Fullbore4

Posted December 12, 2006 - 11:55 PM

Has anyone heard or read when WR's will get EFI?

• lixno

Posted December 13, 2006 - 01:34 AM

I am an editor at the best Greek motorcycle magazine called "MOTO". Last week i talked with Huub Forschelen, Yamaha's Off Road racing director in Europe, and he said that until 2010 we won't probably see EFI on the production bikes. This system has still many problems and needs development.

• Wasabi

Posted December 13, 2006 - 01:55 AM

Last week i talked with Huub Forschelen, Yamaha's Off Road racing director in Europe, and he said that until 2010 we won't probably see EFI on the production bikes.

It's unfortunate, but I still think it will be a few more years also.
I wouldn't be holding my breath anyway.

• ophir

Posted December 13, 2006 - 01:57 PM

I am a bit confused when they say there is problems. Yamaha has been putting them on snow machines for years and Suzuki has them on the 450 quad. The system on the quad works fine.

• MSHAM

Posted December 13, 2006 - 02:04 PM

Can the 450 quad system be utilized on th wr450?

• jonova

Posted December 14, 2006 - 11:32 AM

Well that's not good news.... I guess I'll just have to get an 07 to tide me over in the mean time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SUnruh

Posted December 14, 2006 - 11:35 AM

and the Raptor 700R has efi:

MSRP* $7,199 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from July 2006
$7,199 (Gray) Available from July 2006
Engine
Type 686cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single w/fan, 4-valve
Bore x Stroke 102mm x 84mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Carburetion Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 44mm
Ignition 16-Bit ECU

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted December 14, 2006 - 01:14 PM

I read somewhere that the KTM is going to fuel injection next year....I think it was in my Dirt Bike magazine I can check when I get home.

• snmhanson

Posted December 14, 2006 - 04:05 PM

I am an editor at the best Greek motorcycle magazine called "MOTO". Last week i talked with Huub Forschelen, Yamaha's Off Road racing director in Europe, and he said that until 2010 we won't probably see EFI on the production bikes. This system has still many problems and needs development.

Well, at least that gives me time to prepare for the new bike talk with the wife. Not to mention butter her up so that she'll go along with it. And it would take more than EFI to make me give up blue and switch to orange. I think. Ok, maybe that's all it would take...

• ophir

Posted December 14, 2006 - 07:13 PM

I do not see what the big deal is about for the japanees bikes to have EFI especially when they are doing it on 4 wheelers. I would bet, that Suzuki will be the first dirt bike (japanees) to have EFI.

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted December 15, 2006 - 10:44 AM

I think it is much easier to package FI into a 4 wheeler than it is a 2 wheeler, much more room for larger battery, fuel pump etc.

Also the quads aren't kick starters so that has a whole new set of problems of doing FI on a kick start only bike.

• Looks450

Posted December 15, 2006 - 04:28 PM

I read somewhere that the KTM is going to fuel injection next year....I think it was in my Dirt Bike magazine I can check when I get home.

The word i was getting out of this years dealers after the KTM conference was that next year the two-strokes will get EFI next year. This was the driving reason behind the new frame to allow room for the efi, pump, battery etc. Who knows, he could be leading me up the garden path. I'll guess we will find out next year.

• MountainMax

Posted December 21, 2006 - 07:48 PM

I think we will see FI on a bike next year forsure, I love FI myself, maybe they will put it on our beloved WR's in 2009, lol

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.