wr450 exhaust

10 replies to this topic
  • davo ttt

Posted December 12, 2006 - 10:31 PM

need some feedback on what exhausts you guys use ,if they are good,and why you chose it, i am going to buy one next week and would like to here 1st hand

• boer

Posted December 13, 2006 - 12:41 AM

basically it's personal preference:crazy: . You need to define what you expect from a pipe then start searching. Search the forums for the pipes you are interested in. This topic gets discussed nearly every week.:thumbsup:

• Wasabi

Posted December 13, 2006 - 02:01 AM

basically it's personal preference:crazy: . You need to define what you expect from a pipe then start searching. Search the forums for the pipes you are interested in. This topic gets discussed nearly every week.:thumbsup:

What Boer said!
Define what you want out of your muffler then go from there.
Personally I love the gytr oval slip on mufflers on the wr's. These are no good if you are worried about noise. Makes good linear power. :devil:

Dirtbike mag apparently had a 96dB muffler test for the wr450f, go to the newsagency and check for it. I haven't seen it yet, it might be on their website too, I'll have to check.

• pHreaC

Posted December 13, 2006 - 03:47 AM

I ran stock pipe and yz pipe. Yz pipe gives a lot more snap but is louder.
I run yz in the summer and stock in the winter...I like my bike a bit smoother when it's slippery outside

• Fullbore4

Posted December 13, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Read following post

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davo ttt

Posted December 13, 2006 - 10:04 PM

to fullbore excellant info thanks very much ill add rep points for you

• BlueBlood Rider

Posted December 13, 2006 - 10:29 PM

Fullbore, did you know it is illegal to take copyrighted material and post it somewhere else without the permission of the copyright owner? You should have simply posted a link to the article.:thumbsup:

• Fullbore4

Posted December 13, 2006 - 10:43 PM

Fullbore, did you know it is illegal to take copyrighted material and post it somewhere else without the permission of the copyright owner? You should have simply posted a link to the article.:thumbsup:

I felt as though I was treading in deep water posting it as it was delivered to me free via email from a library......so there was no way to just provide a link. Dirt Rider has a web site but I couldn't find it there.........I hope no harm is done.

• BlueBlood Rider

Posted December 13, 2006 - 10:58 PM

I felt as though I was treading in deep water posting it as it was delivered to me free via email from a library......so there was no way to just provide a link. Dirt Rider has a web site but I couldn't find it there.........I hope no harm is done.

Chances are you won't get sued for copyright infingement, but look at it this way: would you like someone giving away your hard work for free? Probably not.:thumbsup:

• davo ttt

Posted December 13, 2006 - 11:25 PM

who gives a shit stop being an american legal eagle your the reason your country has more lawyers than australias population people like you piss me off i suppose you will go and dob him in now

• Fullbore4

Posted December 13, 2006 - 11:35 PM

I have spoken on the phone to an editor of Dirt Rider a few days ago and they pointed me in the direction of where I could get it off the internet but I lost the connection and couldn't reach them again so got the article through a public library......I will call the editor tomorrow and get explicit permission and re-post it so all can read......that is if authorities here allow it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.