Shop Stand

32 replies to this topic
  • MindBlower

Posted December 16, 2006 - 03:43 PM

Like the Rubbermaid step idea too. Especially since I've had one hanging in a closet for YEARS, use it for everything but NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! :devil:
I even have a hunk of rubber to use on top.
Brilliant! :thumbsup:

• PIP RC51

Posted December 16, 2006 - 07:11 PM

+3 on the Rubber Maid one too. I'll be looking. I was changing oil, adjusting / cleaning chain today and had it on jack stands with a 2x6 balancing thinking I got to come up with a better idea than this:bonk: .

Thanks.

PIP

• Beelzeboss

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:32 AM

I use this one:
Posted Image
I just shortend it a tad to be able to use with my SM wheels. For 56$ its a bargain:thumbsup:

• bleedgreen500

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:46 AM

Has anyone spent the coin on the lift from motosport ($200)? Would be really nice to get the bike up almost 3 feet when you are wrenching on it. Wondering how stable it is. Right now I own the Sears atv lift and I made a block to go under it that is about an inch under the bike so it picks it up an extra 9 or so inches to about 2 feet

• Valerie Wilson

Posted December 17, 2006 - 10:57 AM

Has anyone spent the coin on the lift from motosport ($200)? Would be really nice to get the bike up almost 3 feet when you are wrenching on it. Wondering how stable it is. Right now I own the Sears atv lift and I made a block to go under it that is about an inch under the bike so it picks it up an extra 9 or so inches to about 2 feet

I use this one.
http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=206&s=2
Worth every penny for wrenching on the bike. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
The thing is soooo stable with the bike up in the air 3 ft or anywhere in between. There is a locking pin that you use at intervals so the bike will not lower on its own either. The bike attaches to the stand by the footpegs. Its not going anywhere.

The stand is heavy and I usually don't use it for everyday use. But when you are actually working on the bike...... ITS AWESOME!!!!!
Best $$$$ I've spent to be honest.

• MortimerSickle

Posted December 17, 2006 - 02:51 PM

I have been looking for this rubbermaid stand. Do you remember where you got it?:thumbsup:

I didn't buy mine myself, but I think I have seen them at Fred Meyer, which is a Kroger owned store. Probably K Mart, Walmart, and such stores would carry them, too. I saw a similar, off-brand one at Big Lots for only 5 dollars, but it was pretty flimsy.

To all who said what a good idea this is, I have to say that the credit goes to my nephew. It was his idea and he gave me the one I have- even put the rubber on it for me. I call it the Bradlystand, and it is useful as more than just a stand. Sit on it, use it for a mini workbench, put it beside your ramp to help you climb up into the pickup bed when loading your bike- handy, thanks Brad!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted December 17, 2006 - 03:56 PM

I didn't buy mine myself, but I think I have seen them at Fred Meyer, which is a Kroger owned store. Probably K Mart, Walmart, and such stores would carry them, too. I saw a similar, off-brand one at Big Lots for only 5 dollars, but it was pretty flimsy.

To all who said what a good idea this is, I have to say that the credit goes to my nephew. It was his idea and he gave me the one I have- even put the rubber on it for me. I call it the Bradlystand, and it is useful as more than just a stand. Sit on it, use it for a mini workbench, put it beside your ramp to help you climb up into the pickup bed when loading your bike- handy, thanks Brad!

Is this the one?
http://www.organize....pstepstool.html

Says it's about 16" tall---how much off the ground are your wheels (650R/650L) when the bike is on it?

I see them at various locations; many on the web:
http://www.nextag.co...735zB4z5---html

• gringo1450

Posted December 17, 2006 - 05:41 PM

Can anyone tell me how high a stand needs to go up for an XR650R? Sears has a Craftsman Motorcycle stand on sale which has a maximum height of
16.5", and rated for 1500 lbs. Will this work, and or does anyone have, or has anyone used this stand before? Please let me know if you can. Thanks...:thumbsup:

Mine is sitting on the cratfsman stand right now it works great for the 650r and the Harley
It is nice to have adjustability for putting in axels and such just my .02 cents

• Black Mesa Offroad

Posted December 17, 2006 - 06:44 PM

For y'all with the stands, just curious as to how you guys lift the pig up onto it???:thumbsup:

• MortimerSickle

Posted December 17, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Is this the one?
http://www.organize....pstepstool.html

Says it's about 16" tall---how much off the ground are your wheels (650R/650L) when the bike is on it?

I see them at various locations; many on the web:
http://www.nextag.co...735zB4z5---html

Yes, that is it, but that $25 price tag is too high. You should be able to get it for much less in a store. Just 2 or 3 years ago they were going for a few cents less than 10 bucks.

I haven't used it for a while, and don't remember just how high the wheels were, but they did both clear the ground (My bike is an '88 XR600.)

• philipstjohn

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:11 PM

I use this one:
Posted Image
I just shortend it a tad to be able to use with my SM wheels. For 56$ its a bargain:thumbsup:

What lift is featured in you picture? :thumbsup:

• MortimerSickle

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:23 PM

For y'all with the stands, just curious as to how you guys lift the pig up onto it???:thumbsup:

I don't know about the 650, but on the 600 I lean the stand against the right side of the bike so the legs closest to the frame are off the ground a couple of inches. Then I push my right leg tight against the left side of the bike and bend over and grab the frame rail on the right side between the side cover and the swing arm. Then I lift and roll back raising the bike up on my knee, and set the left bottom frame rail on the stand. Then just tip the bike back upright onto the stand.

• matt88

Posted March 07, 2007 - 02:54 PM

I have been looking for this rubbermaid stand. Do you remember where you got it?:applause:

i know this thread is pretty old, but if anyone is still interested in this i just picked up a step stool from osh for $12. its not made by rubbermaid but it seems to be the same exact thing.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.