GPR Stabilizer in the way of Oil fill

6 replies to this topic
  • Bladerunner426

Posted December 12, 2006 - 02:33 PM

I have a GPR Stabilizer V-2 on my 02 WR426. My Problem is that If I want to check or add oill to my bike I have to loosen the coller and slide it to the side to unscrew the dip stick cap. My Question is, has any one done sompthing to make this process easier? Thanks in advance.

• Bladerunner426

Posted December 20, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Ok, Is my question that retarded that no one wants to help. Or you quys just dont let it bother you and do the extra work.

• handlebar

Posted December 20, 2006 - 03:45 PM

I have a GPR Stabilizer V-2 on my 02 WR426. My Problem is that If I want to check or add oill to my bike I have to loosen the coller and slide it to the side to unscrew the dip stick cap. My Question is, has any one done sompthing to make this process easier? Thanks in advance.

! assume it is the pin holder collar you are refering to on the steering head?If so you can weld the pin holder to the steering head then grind an area away from the holder to access your dip stick.A picture would be good:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted December 21, 2006 - 04:57 AM

Does the GPR use the same set up at the Scott's? My dip stick hits my Scott's mount but it's still doable. :thumbsup:

• SUnruh

Posted December 21, 2006 - 05:10 AM

this is a non-issue.

take the funnel, pinch it and shove it in the hole. pour in the oil and have a rag ready to catch the few drips when you remove the funnel.
crude ascii drawing below.

\ /
\ /
||

you pinch it so that it is really wide (side 2 side) and very short (front to back).

dang it! the drawing looks good in the editor, but horrid on the page.

• R_Little

Posted December 21, 2006 - 08:29 AM

Does the GPR use the same set up at the Scott's? My dip stick hits my Scott's mount but it's still doable. :thumbsup:

Same situation for me!

• Bladerunner426

Posted December 21, 2006 - 11:18 AM

Thank you four your replys, I think I am going to do some grinding on both the pin coller and the dipstick tab, I will try to get some pictuers out as soon as possable, Thanks for the help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.