Finding the Grey wire On 2007 WR's

4 replies to this topic
  • joshbeene

Posted December 12, 2006 - 09:30 AM

The first time I went to cut the grey wire I accidientally cut the black wire on the 6-pin because I thought there was only one 6-pin connection. It turns out there are two seperate 6-pin connections and only one has the grey wire. The one with the grey wire may be hiding next to the CDI box, behind a white plastic bracket.

That connection is kinda hiding and I didn't wan't people to get frustrated so I wrote this thread for everyone with a new 07 WR.

• WR450_Mike

Posted December 12, 2006 - 09:41 AM

Correct. But, why cut it when you can just remove it from the connector and stow it. That way, it is easily re-connected if for some reason you wanted to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bake5

Posted August 07, 2007 - 03:31 PM

Where Is It?

• KennyMc

Posted August 07, 2007 - 04:31 PM

It's behind the side panel on the left side (shifter).

• Mike1977

Posted August 07, 2007 - 09:38 PM

What is the advantage of cutting the grey wire?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.