front brakes

3 replies to this topic
  • aftershock

Posted January 16, 2001 - 06:50 PM

I road a 2000 XR650 today and was very surprised how well the front brake stopped the bike (one finger with no effort). Is there an upgrade for the 2000 WR400?

Doug

• Taffy

Posted January 17, 2001 - 01:50 AM

the '01 has a new cylinder from nissin. i also notticed that a yankee works rider has gone to nissin #11. hope this helps.

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted January 17, 2001 - 03:31 AM

I have installed a steel front brake line. Bleeding it was a bitch, but it is MUCH better than stock. The rubber line will expand under pressure. If the line is expanding, the caliper ain't squeezin'. There are oversize kits also. I would recommend the steel line, unless you are like Mitchy and race Super Motard.

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

• Taffy

Posted January 17, 2001 - 01:04 PM

yes but how does it feel!!!

is it now like a piece of wood?

you've gotta f-e-e-d it in r-e-a-l FAST!

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.