2006 YZ450F exhaust looks smooth!

26 replies to this topic
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted December 11, 2006 - 08:41 PM

So as many of you know already, I have hated the huge stock muffler on my 06 since before I bought the bike. After not being able to find an exhaust that I liked and that fit into my budget, I spoke to Dave at MRD Racing. He already had a system jigged for the bike, but again, I didn't like how it stuck out so far. I gave him my ideas and he made them a reality. I also told him that I loved the stock power delivery so I didn't want to change it, so we decided on a slip on instead of a full system. Needless to say, I love it! :thumbsup:

The muffler now sticks out from the number plate a total of 3 inches as compared to almost 7 for the stocker. It sounds awesome, but because he was able to keep the same length muffler, it's not overly loud. The power is great as well as it retaine dhte stock characteristics but just gave it a little more grunt everywhere.

I'll post pics as soon as I download them from the camera, but if you guys don't like the stocker hanging out, and you would like a little more juice as well as an amazing warranty for cheaper than almost any other exhaust around, check out the MRD. Be sure to tell him that you want the Baron spec system as he created an entirely new jig from he and my conversations.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted December 12, 2006 - 05:51 AM

I would like to see it.
Do you know if he is working on anything for the '07?

• Ranger18

Posted December 12, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Sounds killer, does it have a removable endcap, so you can put a SA screen in?

• MacJammer

Posted December 12, 2006 - 04:43 PM

Where do you notice the power. Is in on down low or up top.

• Bigcr

Posted December 12, 2006 - 06:53 PM

Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WB450

Posted December 13, 2006 - 10:55 AM

Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do you notice the power. Is in on down low or up top.

Sounds killer, does it have a removable endcap, so you can put a SA screen in?

I would like to see it.

All good questions.:thumbsup:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 13, 2006 - 03:54 PM

Sorry I lagged. Thanks Dave. I just got the slip on so it didn't change the power delivery but it did give a nice little increase all around over the stock muffler. I reallly, really like it. It's exactly what I wanted.

• MRD RACING

Posted December 13, 2006 - 04:05 PM

I would like to see it.

I havent had an 07 yet , but I think the fit is the same , and the same header specs will work the same even if the motor has minor changes

• MRD RACING

Posted December 13, 2006 - 04:09 PM

Sorry I lagged. Thanks Dave. I just got the slip on so it didn't change the power delivery but it did give a nice little increase all around over the stock muffler. I reallly, really like it. It's exactly what I wanted.

no prob , I didnt know if your comp. was down or something , so I jumpped in , thats cool , Im really glad you like it :thumbsup:

• MRD RACING

Posted December 13, 2006 - 04:11 PM

what happened to my post with the pic and the answers to the ?:thumbsup: I will try it again

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MRD RACING

Posted December 13, 2006 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

the end caps accept a quiet-core or screen or both

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 13, 2006 - 04:26 PM

what happened to my post with the pic and the answers to the ?:thumbsup: I will try it again

Yeah what happened? It was there 15 minutes ago. Maybe the moderator doesn't like my bike.

• MRD RACING

Posted December 13, 2006 - 04:41 PM

Yeah what happened? It was there 15 minutes ago. Maybe the moderator doesn't like my bike.

its not your bike , it was because I put a link to my web site , I should have looked at the ruels before I posted it , sorry guys , my bad :thumbsup:

• Bigcr

Posted December 13, 2006 - 05:21 PM

How is the performance?

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted December 13, 2006 - 06:36 PM

Looks Real Nice!:thumbsup:

• Jaycycle

Posted December 13, 2006 - 06:42 PM

That looks really cool, It makes the whole bike look smaller or lighter or something. :thumbsup:

RBV... How's the injury's??? Its been awhile.

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted December 13, 2006 - 08:38 PM

Its really small. Makes it look like a 250

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 13, 2006 - 11:20 PM

Like I said, the power delivery is the same as stock, just a little stronger all around since I just went with a slip on. If you want different power (bottom/mid or mid/top) Dave can get you a headpipe for that. Anything you want Dave can do.

My injuries are okay. I have permanent nerve damage along my left upper jaw, cheek and around my left eye. Nothing bad, just tingly and burns sometimes. Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

• Ranger18

Posted December 14, 2006 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

the end caps accept a quiet-core or screen or both

I like that alot, I went to the website and the prices look good too. Is the price any different for the "Baron Von Beard" edition?

• Jaycycle

Posted December 14, 2006 - 12:53 PM

Like I said, the power delivery is the same as stock, just a little stronger all around since I just went with a slip on. If you want different power (bottom/mid or mid/top) Dave can get you a headpipe for that. Anything you want Dave can do.

My injuries are okay. I have permanent nerve damage along my left upper jaw, cheek and around my left eye. Nothing bad, just tingly and burns sometimes. Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

Thats good to hear your doing better. :devil:

Sorry, not try to jack the thread but DH368 did you sand your clutch cover? I did that to my covers as well but my dad brought up a good point. Does it tend to rust or anything after you did that? I haven't ridden since I did it so I was just curious if you have had any "problems".

I think it looks alot better. :smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.