graphics and jetting

11 replies to this topic
  • TexN343

Posted December 11, 2006 - 02:07 PM

Anyone think changing all my plastic to white except the gas tank and getting snow camo graphics from one industries will look funny? Oh and it's an 04 450. I'm getting a powerbomb header in a few days and would like to have all the right jets for installation when it gets here. Would I have to go leaner or richer from stock jets on an 04 450?

• WFOracer

Posted December 11, 2006 - 02:26 PM

I think that your blue frame would stick out like a sore thumb...not to mention you blue gas tank. Just my thoughts. It probably wouldn't look to bad on a 2006/2007 yz though.

• TexN343

Posted December 11, 2006 - 03:45 PM

Sanded down the frame to metal after my boots started to rub it. Maybe getting a IMS gas tank would be ok?

• kylwk1500

Posted December 11, 2006 - 05:43 PM

you should tear it down and get the frame powdercoated. I did it to my old 400 and it looked sweet. Ultra durable. Not to expensive. Check it in my garage.

• aremean_troy

Posted December 11, 2006 - 06:33 PM

I would at least change the tank together with the plastic... but if you have spare cash, got for a black or white powder coated frame!

It will look damn nice!

• adam918

Posted December 11, 2006 - 08:37 PM

nice frame!!! i have a 96 yz 125 i would like to have powder coated white also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TexN343

Posted December 12, 2006 - 02:45 AM

Yeah I'm kinda low on funds after buying all the other stuff any other ideas on the frame? Will black spray paint scratch off too easily to make it for a few rides? I read somewhere someone used that Rhino Liner stuff and it held up real well. Now I have to decide if I should buy the "natural" color IMS tank or try and find a white replacement for stock. Black would look too funny with the white plastics and graphics I got coming. I'm worried if I got IMS tank I would melt it with my new powerbomb header. Still up in the air about the jettings and now I'm worried about my new pipe fitting on the stock mid pipe. Should I have bought the mid pipe too?

• DPW

Posted December 12, 2006 - 01:23 PM

Yeah I'm kinda low on funds after buying all the other stuff

Maybe put the makeover on hold till you get some funds. I can think of better things to buy for a bike if money is tight....just my .02$

• YZ426F Rider

Posted December 12, 2006 - 01:43 PM

Yep, the blue frame makes it tough to go all white plastics. I have all white plastics for my bike (including the tank) but no graphics for the white stuff yet. I think that some type of blue-on-white graphics would pull it together though...like the Doug Henry graphics in blue instead of red. Anyways, this is how I have my bike right now. The pics don't do it justice though...in person it is actually pretty sharp and I get lots of positive comments.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• tmauto69

Posted December 12, 2006 - 05:03 PM

Here is the snow camo on my '06
Posted Image

or http://putfile.com/tmauto for bigger pics

• Fastest1

Posted December 13, 2006 - 06:19 AM

Snow in TEXAS?:thumbsup: Regarding the jetting, you really have to wait and see how the bike responds to the pipe. Then jet it. It will generally need richer jetting, but not always. Does the pipe manufacturer have any recommendations on jetting, they are usually very close if not spot on.

• DrThumper

Posted December 13, 2006 - 01:38 PM

I run my '00 426 a bit on the lean side (w/ a powernow and a P-38 accel. pump atomizer/cover) and when I put on my PowerBomb Header I didn't have to change a thing, jets were just fine.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.