MDK suspension and motormods?

6 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted December 11, 2006 - 10:14 AM

Anybody use these guys yet?There suspension price is spot on with a local guy i use and have been thinking about trying something different.Whats the best way to ship your forks and shock out.I thought about just crating it up but i don't want to have to break the bank to ship it.

• kyle450rider

Posted December 11, 2006 - 08:21 PM

nobody?Well then what's the best way to ship forks and shock off.In a wooden crate?

• KJ790

Posted December 11, 2006 - 08:28 PM

I have had luck in the past wrapping them in bubble-wrap and tape and putting them in a cardboard box. The more bubble-wrap the better.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted December 12, 2006 - 02:09 AM

thanks for the info!

• Murmy26x

Posted December 12, 2006 - 08:24 AM

try a gun case. reusable and much more protective.

• DPW

Posted December 12, 2006 - 01:20 PM

try a gun case. reusable and much more protective.

ditto...and get insurance on the shipment...

DV and Nick Wey use them...MDK that is...

• Bigcr

Posted December 12, 2006 - 06:59 PM

I've had good luck with buying lamp boxes from U-Haul or any other store that carries moving boxes. Wrap the suspension components in bubble wrap and fill up the rest of the space with balled up newspaper. It works so well that the suspension companies usually re-use it to send the suspension back.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.