Sunline shift lever

4 replies to this topic
  • k69mj

Posted December 11, 2006 - 04:35 AM

Does anyone know if a YZ450 Sunline shift lever fits on the WR450 ?
There is a post here http://www.thumperta...ghlight=sunline where it says that it sould fit but I'm not sure.

• snmhanson

Posted December 11, 2006 - 08:23 AM

I am not sure about the Sunline lever but I know a MSR YZF lever did not fit my 05' WR450. They were sooo close but just different enough to not work. Comparing the two I thought it should work at first but when I finally did wrestle it one the clutch level would not open - it was stuck in the closed position. When I went to return it to the shop they looked and low and behold the two bikes clutch levers had different part numbers. Why Yamaha made them just slightly different rather than making them the same I have no idea but in short I don't think it will work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueBlood Rider

Posted December 11, 2006 - 01:50 PM

I am not sure about the Sunline lever but I know a MSR YZF lever did not fit my 05' WR450. They were sooo close but just different enough to not work. Comparing the two I thought it should work at first but when I finally did wrestle it one the clutch level would not open - it was stuck in the closed position. When I went to return it to the shop they looked and low and behold the two bikes clutch levers had different part numbers. Why Yamaha made them just slightly different rather than making them the same I have no idea but in short I don't think it will work.

Why would a shift lever affect your clutch lever? They're two different parts. I'm guessing you're confused about what the OP was asking. For the record, the YZF clutch lever will not work in place of the WR clutch lever. The WR clutch perch is different because of the neutral switch and the lever is just different enough to not be interchangeable. Front brake levers are the same. As for the shift lever, yes, the YZF shifter will work on the WR. The only problem is that it may be a little close to the engine case. The YZF has no lighting coil and the side cover on the shifter side is a bit narrower than the WR. I have the Sunline YZF shifter on my '04 WR and it works fine for me. I do cut the shifter tip down at the first knurl line because I like a shorter tip, but the bend is fine.

• mjslim

Posted December 11, 2006 - 11:03 PM

Just call the TT Store and ask them, they will know. Great product :thumbsup:

• snmhanson

Posted December 14, 2006 - 04:08 PM

Why would a shift lever affect your clutch lever? They're two different parts. I'm guessing you're confused about what the OP was asking. For the record, the YZF clutch lever will not work in place of the WR clutch lever. The WR clutch perch is different because of the neutral switch and the lever is just different enough to not be interchangeable. Front brake levers are the same. As for the shift lever, yes, the YZF shifter will work on the WR. The only problem is that it may be a little close to the engine case. The YZF has no lighting coil and the side cover on the shifter side is a bit narrower than the WR. I have the Sunline YZF shifter on my '04 WR and it works fine for me. I do cut the shifter tip down at the first knurl line because I like a shorter tip, but the bend is fine.

Woops, sorry - I did mis-read the post. Probably because I just had gone through hell trying to get a YZF clutch lever on my WR that the dealer said would fit. Just disregard my post and give me six lashings :thumbsup: .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.