fuel tank

4 replies to this topic
  • chpxr

Posted December 10, 2006 - 04:44 PM

has anyone tried to put a tank from a xr water cooled bike on a none water cooled bike i was just thinking it might be a good cooling deal with the shrouds directing the air plus might make a nice spot for a oil cooler to go just a thought
thanks
rob:ride:

• zwxetlp

Posted December 10, 2006 - 10:43 PM

I haven't actually tried it, but don't bother, it wont work. The XR650R and XR650L, XR600 frames/body have nothing in common.

In theory, if you have enough fabrication/welding experience you _might_ get it to fit, but what is it you think is missing from the available air cooled XR tank options?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RdrMtn

Posted December 11, 2006 - 06:50 AM

Why not try mounting a stock 650L tank-it has air deflecting "wings" and I think it would bolt on fairly easily with some minor modification. I have read in the past that the 600R tank and 650L tank bolt on slightly different.

• chpxr

Posted December 11, 2006 - 06:05 PM

i was just wondering i'm not planning on doing it i just wondered if anyone had done it:ride:

• DNX

Posted December 11, 2006 - 08:30 PM

I've got a winter project going where I am mounting an Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank to an old NX.:thumbsup: It is the one that fits an XR.

I know that I will need to do some fairly major fabrication on the mounting tabs but I've heard of guys doing it before. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm looking for a range of 200 to 250 miles between fuels stops. hopefully, this will do it!

What else does a guy do when it's snowing outside?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.