Finished Nitrous Installation

11 replies to this topic
  • Nashty

Posted December 10, 2006 - 12:18 PM

Before you ask, no it hasn't blow'd up yet and yes, it's very fast. Only shooting a 15(hp) shot but it hits very hard, not violent but the bike pulls soooo strong it makes you forget how fast the bike is without it. Not much good in first and in second, you only get to use it for a bit. Third gear is like a train has rearended you.

I made the brackets for it all, including the holder for the control box in the back. The fuel line curves like it does to allow full access to the carb. Everything was powdercoated to match the other bits on the bike.

Like it or love it, I submit it for your enjoyment.

Roger

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• NorCal

Posted December 10, 2006 - 12:32 PM

wow... that's amazing. Thanks for sharing. You should post a video when you get a chance.

• kid on a 426

Posted December 10, 2006 - 12:35 PM

Ohhhhh man. Nitrous in the dunes!!!!! That would be the most insane feeling. That's gotta be fun.

• kawirider

Posted December 10, 2006 - 12:54 PM

WOW. Thats awsome. I agree w/norcal. A vid is definately in order.

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted December 10, 2006 - 01:05 PM

Please dont let stewart see this. :worthy:

• Racin444

Posted December 10, 2006 - 01:14 PM

That is sick n a half
Did you take it up to the drag strip?
If so what was the time n speed?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nashty

Posted December 10, 2006 - 04:02 PM

In Illinois, the dragstrip closed in early November but there is a "Hangover Nationals" Jan. 1st so I'm planning on taking it then. I'll probably only go through the 1/8th mile with it though. I'm getting a Jr. Dragster for my 9 yr old and that will be his drag racing debut. We're taking his crf50(88) as the tow vehicle, should be a fun day. (I will make sure the camper has plenty of LP that day.)

I'll try to take some video of it even if it's just on my camera.

Thanks for the compliments, they are appreciated, it was a labor of love.

• Kyle Prior

Posted December 10, 2006 - 05:56 PM

Have you gotten a chance to race any street bikes yet? If so, what bikes and howd it go?

• fritzelman

Posted December 10, 2006 - 10:21 PM

Dude! SWEET! How long did it take you to complete the install? Nice job, looks great. You've gotta post some vids up of that thing!

• torqueme

Posted December 10, 2006 - 11:27 PM

Sickly Sweet!!! How do you keep it on 2 wheels?

• 642MX

Posted December 11, 2006 - 06:45 AM

Looks good. I love the spikes in the front fender!

• Nashty

Posted December 11, 2006 - 10:10 AM

I bought the kit used on eBay for $400, I have probably another $100 in materials and powdercoating. If I didn't have to wait for the coating, it would have probably only taken about 2 weeks working just a few hours each night on it. ( I take my time on these type things, details, details, details. )

I haven't raced any street bikes but really want to just to try it. In the midwest, there aren't any street bikes out now so maybe I'll get to line up with one Jan 1st.

It's pretty controllable, the small shot doesn't overpower the bike. Everything else on the bike is all stock (jetting fixed). The bike is actually a WR with all the YZ stuff done to it except the exhaust cam timing. (Waiting to get a auto-decomp cam). The guy I bought it from used it on his 650 quad in the dunes, he eventually hurt his motor by not adjusting the jetting on a really cold day (BIG NO NO!) But he was also using a 30hp jet.

I just finished up everything on the bike here in November so I didn't get a chance to drive it on the street much, only 30 miles. I just tried the nitrous on a country road that was nice wide and flat. So to date, it hasn't been dropped yet. I've sissyfied the bike with so much cosmetics that now I'm probably never getting it in the dirt (aside from SM racing) again. I have an '01 YZF250 for that.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.