Fastway Low boy Pegs

11 replies to this topic
  • Huckster

Posted December 09, 2006 - 05:01 PM

Is anyone using them on their 06 or 07? I bought them but can not get them to fit in the low position. I have the mounting kit with their brackets but with the camber screw in, the pegs wont fit? Any help? I am really frustrated because I had a set on my last bike and loved them and for the life of me, can't get these to work.

• StPeters21

Posted December 12, 2006 - 09:08 PM

i have them also and had the same prob...I think that you are supposed to run them without that bolt...I ended up running them in the tall position, it is lower than the stock pegs.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 12, 2006 - 09:16 PM

Is anyone using them on their 06 or 07? I bought them but can not get them to fit in the low position. I have the mounting kit with their brackets but with the camber screw in, the pegs wont fit? Any help? I am really frustrated because I had a set on my last bike and loved them and for the life of me, can't get these to work.

I run low pegs on both my 06 and 07. What I do is take the footpeg bracket off the frame and counter sink the bottom hole. Then I use a flat head allen bolt that fits the counter sunk hole on the bracket. Problem solved!

• Huckster

Posted December 13, 2006 - 09:34 AM

I run low pegs on both my 06 and 07. What I do is take the footpeg bracket off the frame and counter sink the bottom hole. Then I use a flat head allen bolt that fits the counter sunk hole on the bracket. Problem solved!

Yup that will solve it!! Stupid question, but where did you get the flat head allen bolt? Fastway sent me one with their brackets, but the head is to wide to fit the countersink.

• grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2006 - 10:40 AM

I have another question, for reference, since you've removed the bracket, and a couple of guys have had problems doing so: How did you remove the Torx bolts, and how difficult did you find it to be?

• Mike546

Posted December 15, 2006 - 06:26 PM

I can't find flat-head bolts with a 10x 1.25 thread anywhere. You could do the mod to the stock pegs and replace the bottom bolt and countersink the head like mentioned above and the pegs would be lower and sit straight. I haven't removed the lower bolts yet but the parts book says that they are 10x1.25, can anyone confirm this? Also the length would be helpful.
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jeffboyd47m

Posted December 16, 2006 - 08:46 AM

Yup that will solve it!! Stupid question, but where did you get the flat head allen bolt? Fastway sent me one with their brackets, but the head is to wide to fit the countersink.

I went to a local company called Fastenall and had them order the bolts in for me. I also bought a matching countersink bit from them.

grayracer, I bought a torxhead socket from Snap-on. On my 05 YZ250 the bolts came right out, on my 06 YZ450 I had trouble with 2 of the bolts and used a small cold chisle on the outside edge of the bolts to get them loose. Then I used the other 2 unharmed bolts to remount the brackets along with the flat head bolts. On my 07 I had no problems with bolts at all.

Just to add my opinion, after 2 sets of Fastway pegs I won`t buy any more. I have had problems breaking the canter adjustment bolts and it is a pain to replace the allen studs when they are worn or broke. I have been buying the Tusk brand pegs at Rocky Mountain M/C for about 60.00, then I cut the collar off the bottom with a hack saw and reweld it to the top to get the low boy position. Recently I bought a pair of the new Sunline pegs that have killer teeth on them and I am going to do the same mod to those. In my opinion Fastway pegs have too many parts that can possibly and do fail.

• grayracer513

Posted December 16, 2006 - 09:05 AM

grayracer, I bought a torxhead socket from Snap-on. On my 05 YZ250 the bolts came right out, on my 06 YZ450 I had trouble with 2 of the bolts and used a small cold chisle on the outside edge of the bolts to get them loose. Then I used the other 2 unharmed bolts to remount the brackets along with the flat head bolts. On my 07 I had no problems with bolts at all.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a couple of ways I would approach a stubborn Torx bolt like this, but one of them I hesitate to give out because it might be easy for the inexperienced to really screw stuff up with it.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 16, 2006 - 02:47 PM

I just lowered the stock pegs and didn't have to spend a dime. I cut the collar and moved it to the top and then used a bench grinder to clearance for the bracket bolt. Worked awesome and did the same thing as the over priced Fastways. I love free upgrades. :thumbsup:

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 16, 2006 - 05:27 PM

I just lowered the stock pegs and didn't have to spend a dime. I cut the collar and moved it to the top and then used a bench grinder to clearance for the bracket bolt. Worked awesome and did the same thing as the over priced Fastways. I love free upgrades. :thumbsup:

How has that held up without welding the collar? I was wondering if it was neccesary to weld it so that it would spread the load on the pin that holds the peg in place. If it holds up without bending the pin it makes that mod even that much more simple.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 16, 2006 - 06:08 PM

Haven't welded it and haven't had any issues. I', 200lbs also so it's not like they're not under a decent load.

• nam6667

Posted April 19, 2007 - 11:55 AM

The pegs will not fit in the "low" position with out the purchase of an adapter that costs $54.95. Add that to the $129.95 for the pegs make them a expensive choice for the 2006 and 2007 YZ450F.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.