What's in a name?

75 replies to this topic
  • '00_in_Calgary

Posted October 12, 2002 - 07:25 AM

Mine's somewhat self-explanatory... I found TT in late 1999 and used it for my research when buying my '00WR400 in the spring of 2000. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and yep, there is 4 inches of snow outside right now.

• Florida_426

Posted October 12, 2002 - 07:34 AM

Not rocket science here. I ride an '02 YZ 426F and I live in Florida :).

Bill :D

• yzboy

Posted October 12, 2002 - 09:40 AM

The YZ is for my bike and every time i get on my bike my wife say's "there go's the little boy out to play. :) :D

• machoman_#618

Posted October 12, 2002 - 09:53 AM

My first harescramble race I didn't wear any gloves.My vet buddys noticed and started calling me machoman.If they only knew!The 618 is my race # .

• mayday

Posted October 13, 2002 - 04:55 AM

mayday comes from my last name of May. Since I am in the Airforce and I am a Crew Chief of a B-1b Bomber (Which by the way it dropped close to 8 million pounds of high explosives on the Taliban) my fellow crew dogs thought it would be funny to call me Mayday. The aircrew dont think it is funny! :)

• WR450

Posted October 13, 2002 - 08:21 AM

Mine Is pretty obvious

I Eat Sleep, Drink and Dream about my new baby :) on the way

In fact, If I find that my 450 can wash + iron I will be able to let the wife go!!

• PapaSmurf

Posted October 13, 2002 - 11:43 AM

The group of guys I was riding with at the time I got my bike all had nicknames for each other. When I pulled up with my spanking new WR in the truck my best friend said it looked like something a Smurf would ride! I think he was just jealous because he was stuck on a XR400 (the Red Toad)! :) Hence, PapaSmurf.

• Bamster

Posted October 15, 2002 - 04:58 AM

I was given the nickname Bamster back in the early 80's.
I was riding a yz 465 at the time and they started calling me that becouse of the sound my bike would make when I landed from a jump.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x2smoker

Posted October 15, 2002 - 07:05 AM

The WR is my 1st thumper........ I been permantly converted!

• armourbl

Posted October 15, 2002 - 01:30 PM

Mine is super top secret and I'll have to kill you if I tell you...

But here is a hint Armour is my last name. Cool thing was I was in the Marines and my name was no kidding..."Sgt. Armour" pronounced "Armor"

I once worked with a guy who's name was America, and he was Captain..LOL

LOL

ben

• IRideBlueChick

Posted October 15, 2002 - 01:44 PM

Well I ride blue and I'm a chick...

:)

• RoosteR13

Posted October 18, 2002 - 04:48 AM

I was nicknamed after the joke about "Bruceter the Rooster". I don't know if that joke is tasteful enough to post here. The 13 is just all about superstitions, bad luck and the way unexplainable things tend to happen to me.

• jwriott

Posted October 18, 2002 - 07:37 AM

I made up a new e-mail address with the bikes I had that just pertained to bike related e-mails and bookmarks. Pretty boring.

• CISCO

Posted October 18, 2002 - 08:09 AM

CISCO...its my dogs name. Go figure...hes my Idol.
Here he is trying to bust a move on his girl! :)
Posted Image

• Dodger

Posted October 18, 2002 - 08:27 AM

Dodger (verb) - (1)move quickly aside or out of the way of (2)evade

...........this is exactly what I did when given my nick name when I was younger (I'm still a 28 year old kid!!). Narrowly missed by skateboard flying off of half pipe at break neck speeds, with quick cat like movement :D.........

Not a sexy as something like SuperMachoCoolGuy, but hey, what you going to do :)........

Posted Image

***BTW, I'm an idiot, just realized this was a way old thread - Seconds anyone??***

Peace

Dodger

• BruceWA

Posted October 18, 2002 - 09:48 AM

Not as easy as it appears. As the proud new owner of a 98 WR400 I discovered TT. When I registered I thought that my bike really rocked. So I thought I'd indicate "Rocks", well so what if I forgot the "s".
of course the rest of the story is that I no longer ride blue and have seen the wisdom of not associating the online handle to any brand of bike. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.