yz 426 to wr 250/ 450

1 reply to this topic
  • muffinman

Posted December 08, 2006 - 10:48 PM

looking at getting off my 426 and onto a wr, the 426 so heavy but the power is brutal:eek: which i do love, but want to be able to ride on the road, will the wr dissapoint or be a better ride all around, am over 40 so im not doing huge jumps or anything silly anymore. takes to long to heal, lol,:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chrispy1202

Posted December 09, 2006 - 12:09 AM

I picked up an '03 WR450 early this past spring after getting rid of my '00 DRZ400E. The best thing i could have done. You can get a big or huge tank for the WR450 which will get you upwards of 400 km out of a 6.6 gallon tank. Even with packing that much gas i am still able to get third gear wheelies ripping down a fire road. i am running a 14 - 46 tooth combo and can cruise at around 90km/h without pushing it. 250 or 450; remember the old saying "there is no replacement for displacement.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.