Tall Seat??

10 replies to this topic
  • dbehr624

Posted December 08, 2006 - 09:44 PM

Anybody here run a tall seat on their 06? I was thinking about getting one, but before i do, i would like to see one on a bike and would like to know which one is the best. Thanks for any input or pictures.

• Huckster

Posted December 09, 2006 - 02:32 AM

yea I am in the same boat. I am trying to decide whether to send my seat out to Guts racing or to just buy a SDG. I like the idea of having a complete seat, but the SDG's are backordered. Can Guts do a tall, step seat? Anyone used Guts before? They told me to send my seat and they would install the new one for me which is nice.

• jeffro667

Posted December 09, 2006 - 02:55 AM

I put an FX tall foam and cover on my 06, along with a BRP sub mount stabilizer. I didn't like it, so I went back to stock. To me it made the bike feel clumsy. Maybe I'm not tall enough [6'] for it to work for me. I don't have any pics, but it looked ok. Also, I still have the parts if anyone is interested.

• dbehr624

Posted December 09, 2006 - 11:04 AM

Hmm... i was thinking, would i need to change my bars to a higher bend too?

• jeffro667

Posted December 09, 2006 - 04:14 PM

You would definatley need tall bars if you're running the low stock bend

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbehr624

Posted December 09, 2006 - 10:33 PM

well i am out on the tall seat... Cant afford new bars so, no seat:bonk: But oh well, if i bend my bars ever, new seat here i come. oh and what pro taper bars are a high bend? Reeds are right?

• fishwater

Posted December 10, 2006 - 02:09 PM

well i am out on the tall seat... Cant afford new bars so, no seat:bonk: But oh well, if i bend my bars ever, new seat here i come. oh and what pro taper bars are a high bend? Reeds are right?

I had a pair of pro taper countours on my last bike in the high cr bend & liked them. I am 6'1" & they fit me well on my last bike. They are for sale in the classifieds.

• tmauto69

Posted December 10, 2006 - 04:48 PM

The Reed/Henry bend is taller than the stock ones, but the Windham bend is taller than the Reed or the CR high bend, with less pullback/sweep than either.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 10, 2006 - 10:09 PM

oh and what pro taper bars are a high bend? Reeds are right?

I run KX High bend in the Pro Taper Contours. I believe they are taller than Windoms, Reeds or CR high bends

• StPeters21

Posted December 11, 2006 - 05:13 PM

I run a tall seat and like it. I am 6'3" though...I still might trim off some of the foam to make a step seat. I want a "pocket" to sit in.

• hillclimbguy

Posted December 11, 2006 - 05:24 PM

I'm 6.0 foot but have long legs. I have a tall seat that I added with some foam. I tried the SDG but felt no real difference. What a rip-off! I went to a garage sale and found an old yamaha seat and formed the seat the way I wanted it and used a Honda non-slip seat cover from a 2002 Honda.
Works good for me!
I dont like the stock bars. Looking for some tall bars. I have the Scotts damper. Works real good. Good luck!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.