Linkage Bearings On The 450 Advice?

4 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted December 08, 2006 - 08:31 PM

Well, not that its rocket science or anything but I just wanted to know if you guys have any tips or tricks that make the job go easy? I was hoping I could drive the old bearings out with a socket, but not sure how tight they are? Maybe I will need to take them to my shop and press them out? Thanks in advance

• grayracer513

Posted December 08, 2006 - 08:42 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted December 08, 2006 - 08:52 PM

I am actually replacing all the bearings, not just greasing them up. All I really wondered was how tight to expect the bearings to be?

• grayracer513

Posted December 08, 2006 - 09:25 PM

Fairly tight, especially if any moisture has gotten under them. But you should be able to drive them out that way. If they seem stubborn, warm up the parts a little.

• 02YZ426

Posted December 09, 2006 - 06:42 PM

Well I got the bearings out, had to apply a little heat but other than that it went good. Too bad the linkage kit the dealer gave me is wrong:bonk: They gave me the "All Balls" kit for an 05, said it was the same for 06. The lower linkage arm is different for 06 and takes different bearings. No surprise there... this stuff happens to me all the time! LoL

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.