03 YZ250F ... popping/backfiring... glowing exhaust

1 reply to this topic
  • lizziez03

Posted December 08, 2006 - 09:14 AM

My '03 YZ250F has recently started backfiring and popping on deceleration and on idle and also stalls when coming to a stop. Made some adjustments to the fuel screw and it helped a little. Cleaned the carb hoping this would help and when I started it up last night and let it run for about 2 minutes, I noticed that the exhaust pipe at the cylinder was glowing red (maybe to about the bend in the pipe). Was wondering if it seems that I have one issue here or multiple? Thanks. Liz

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eddie Sisneros

Posted December 08, 2006 - 10:24 AM

head pipe will glow in no air flow.

use the sticky pots at th etop of the forum to set up your fuel screw.

make sure the square end of the slide plate it down and that the hot start cable isnt binding.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.