XR,s ONLY CHAIN GUIDE?

9 replies to this topic
  • motivater

Posted December 08, 2006 - 04:59 AM

The gentelman at xrs only said the chain guide they make for the XR650L goes on the outside of the bracket on the XR...........if I did that.....it made the chain angle way to much so I bolted it on just like the stock was before i removed it. Does anyone know the correct postion? Im way to much of a newbie at this to know!

• motivater

Posted December 08, 2006 - 07:21 AM

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 08, 2006 - 08:46 AM

The guide that goes in front of the rear sprocket?
It goes in between the sides of the nylon holder.

D

• motivater

Posted December 08, 2006 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Dave...........but I was wondering where it bolts(which side) on to the swing arm.....the outside of the bracket(located on the swing arm)....or the inside. sorry....imtalking about the rear sprocket

• jbird710

Posted December 08, 2006 - 03:39 PM

It bolts to the inside of the swingarm; I 've got one on mine. Others have had good luck but I've found the people at XR's Only totally worthless.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motivater

Posted December 08, 2006 - 08:29 PM

thank you so much!!! So hows it going in Texas?....love that state!

• jbird710

Posted December 09, 2006 - 10:52 AM

A little chilly right now; guess we're actually going to have a winter this year. I'm stoved up from a 70+ mph endo last weekend but wishing I could be riding. I used to live in Brookhaven, MS back in the early '60s and across the river from Natchez in the early '70s. Used to have a blast hanging out at the parks along the Natchez Trace.

• DockingPilot

Posted December 09, 2006 - 05:45 PM

Just installed mine. Same delima. Mounted it on the inside as well. Not by choice though.

• motivater

Posted December 10, 2006 - 08:42 AM

I know what you mean....but it will work!....lololol

• motivater

Posted December 10, 2006 - 08:43 AM

My wife is from Brookhaven but she is only 34 so you would have ben long gone by then....lolol....your garage is cool!!

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  181 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.