XR650R Street Legal in Alabama?

3 replies to this topic
  • kainaxe

Posted December 07, 2006 - 07:20 PM

Hello All

Has anyone tried plating an XR650R in Alabama? I tried calling the DMV, local Dealers, State Troopers, and the Department of Revenue and they have all told me either that it was difficult to accomplish or not possible at all.
Has anyone been able to plate an XR650R or any offroad motorcycle for that matter?
Has anyone also had any luck in surrounding states such as Georgia, Mississippi, etc? I have read that it may be possible to send for Vermont plates but that process seems a bit cloudy.
Any help would be great.
Take Care

• Maroast

Posted December 07, 2006 - 10:56 PM

Are you looking to buy new or used? If your lookin to buy new and dealer is just shruggin his shoulders sayin "I dunno.." .....then hes a cheese dick and you should go somewhere else to buy. :worthy:

Found the info below here:
http://www.revenue.a...ration_FAQ.html

There is no mention of motorcycle (dirt bike) but they are implying that an ATV and get a set of tags and be ridden on the street so I assume you can do the same for a dirt bike.....

If all else fails there are a bunch of XRR's on craigslist that are plated and for sale in texas...you should be able to do a title transfer to alabama

How can I title and/or register my golf cart, ATV, or Scooter in Alabama?

Before any of the above listed vehicles can be titled or registered, they must meet all federal and state safety, emissions, and anti-theft standards.
If the vehicle meets these standards, an application for a certificate of title may be processed. Once the title has been processed, the county license plate issuing official will issue a registration tag and tax receipt and license plate. If the vehicle does not meet these standards it is not considered to be “street legal” and therefore, cannot be driven on the public roads or highways of this state. In order to determine if the vehicle meets all federal safety and emissions standards, this information should be listed on the Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted December 08, 2006 - 06:03 AM

Welcome to Thumpertalk, kainaxe .......:worthy:

• kainaxe

Posted December 08, 2006 - 08:27 AM

thanks for the suggestion, I will try to see where I can get with that link.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.