CRF150R exhaust recommendations

17 replies to this topic
  • Matthew911

Posted December 07, 2006 - 11:50 AM

Well i am new to TT but not new to MX. We just sold 3 PR2 RM85s to move on with the CRF150R and a CRF250F, we are still too small with the 250F but can ride it like a bat out of hell. He loves the CRF150R, has not ridden his bike yet due to its in a 1000 piecies right now on the garage floor, making it into a supermini. We have had some head work done, ordered a HC piston and cam, 28mm triple clamps and fastway pegs, was wondering what you guys are using for exhaust systems, we have a bunch of sponsorships to recieve discounts on systems but wondering what luck you have had with their being so many brands out there. Also who makes a taller seat for the CR or CRF ? the riders cockpit seems cramp to me, he doesnt complain, just my obversation.

• CamP

Posted December 07, 2006 - 11:54 AM

The stock pipe is pretty much uncorked. An aftermarket pipe isn't going to buy you a lot.

• rdl428

Posted December 07, 2006 - 01:32 PM

Honestly, any aftermarket pipe these days is gonna be good. In fact, the stock pipe is pretty good too, but you need to think about what kind of power delivery you want? I personally would go with a two header system like BBR offers. A Torque pipe for tighter tracks and a Rev pipe for open, national-style tracks. I've ridden a 150R with both pipes and they rip! The Torque pipe pulls hard down low, quicker and sooner than the stocker while the Rev gains an easy 2hp on top over the stocker.

• socalxr

Posted December 07, 2006 - 04:17 PM

I haven't tested any pipes yet, but some mag testers that we race with said the Pro Circuit pipe ripped the best of the ones they tested. That's about all I know if that. For a tall seat, my friend took a BBR TTR125 tall foam and stretched the stock seat cover over it. It works great, but we are all adults and not kids. Don't ask me how he got it over the foam, but he did.

• Matthew911

Posted December 07, 2006 - 04:44 PM

I am seeing various pipes on EBAY that are claiming 3-4HP, i want to see the curve, i have always had good luck with PC on 4 strokes and FMF on 2 smokes. I was told to watch the big headers at this altitude 6000ft, but we do race out of state at sea level. We are running the Yoshimuras on the CRF250, it came with them and on both our DRZ110s. The DMC exhaust claims 15%HP and his website is very knowledgeable, just wish i knew somebody who had tried one. The DrD seems to be good, i was hoping that some of the riders on here come forward with some responses, by the time the magazines do a shoot out it will probably be too late, i will have made a decision, the longer my son keeps screwing up at home the more time i have to wait.

• CamP

Posted December 07, 2006 - 04:49 PM

Is your son 9 years old? If so, I think more power isn't necessarily what he needs.

• Matthew911

Posted December 07, 2006 - 04:59 PM

No he is 13, i am trying to change that but cannot seem to find it in the profile. That show you how long its been since i logged on here.

• CamP

Posted December 07, 2006 - 06:06 PM

In that case, nobody here is going to be able to tell you what exhaust makes the most, or best kind of power as the bikes haven't been out long enough to test them all. If you think you really need an aftermarket system, just pick the one you've had good luck with in the past. You'll need a dyno for back to back tests to determine if it's any better than stock.

• motoman142

Posted December 07, 2006 - 09:00 PM

any pipe with a small head pipe works the best ,large head pipes dont work on this bike not enough back pressure . we went with the pro circuit,it works really good , gave it more bottom end, it feels slower, but it isnt just more ridable, bbr pipe is said to do the same thing, akrapovic pipe is one example of a pipe that doesnt work on this bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matthew911

Posted December 08, 2006 - 12:29 PM

Ordered me the DMC ( Dave Miller Concepts) full exhaust system today, i like what his website had to say regarding HP and theories.

• 5nine8

Posted December 09, 2006 - 08:16 PM

Chp pipe is great they give ya two different head pipes to fine tune it a lil more... Great price too...

• radsdad

Posted December 09, 2006 - 08:41 PM

The BBR setup works. Nice increase in top end and very little low end loss. Get some decent valve springs, jet it and its race ready. Ultimate would be both BBR pipes, probably would only use the topend one anyway.

• diceygirl40

Posted December 17, 2006 - 11:08 AM

Chp pipe is great they give ya two different head pipes to fine tune it a lil more... Great price too...

Do you mean CHM? I was going to them in the morning. I'm not finding a pipe for the CRF150R on their webpage. Talked to Vic from Honda at the motorcycle show in San Mateo last night and he said CHM has one....

If you don't mind me asking.... how much was it?

• sennasixty8

Posted December 18, 2006 - 08:53 PM

I've got the LeoVince full system on mine, which is slightly throatier, and torquey-er. Motor keeps on pulling into the upper REV's too.... :thumbsup:

Come with a interchangeable quiet insert and sparky too.

• 5nine8

Posted December 19, 2006 - 08:50 AM

Do you mean CHM? I was going to them in the morning. I'm not finding a pipe for the CRF150R on their webpage. Talked to Vic from Honda at the motorcycle show in San Mateo last night and he said CHM has one....

If you don't mind me asking.... how much was it?

check out this

• CamP

Posted December 19, 2006 - 10:29 AM

How can anybody really tell what difference another pipe makes without independent dyno results?

• snobbysteven

Posted December 20, 2006 - 06:34 PM

im looking at a white bros. pipe...are they anygood

• BC3

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:10 PM

I'm 59 and the HP is fine........its the rear spring that I'm concern with.....
Nobody makes anything stiffer than 6.4 which is still too soft for my fat body
weighing in at 225....My YZ 450 deals with it OK but the little guy says
"Give me a break dude go on a diet" ha ha ha

Yeah right.....BC

Related Content

Reviews

Honda CRF150R 2014 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF150R 2014
  • 1 review
  • Last review by KFitz12Thor
  • On October 16, 2014
Forums
Photo

What bike to get... by Tandog99

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF150 R/Expert
  • Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

85 2 stroke or 150R by Bill_B

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  78 replies
Forums
Photo

2012 crf 150rb will not start HELPP! by jmasb509

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Things I need to know about New 2012 CRF150RB by jhoff_02

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.