Anyone running an FMF Q2?

2 replies to this topic
  • NM_KDX200

Posted December 06, 2006 - 09:12 PM

I just installed one and I'm a little disappointed. The low end power is GONE and the bike needs to be maybe 1/3 throttle before it "comes on the pipe". Then it runs good, but until then it feels "choked". This may just be a jetting issue, but I thought I'd query the People In The Know before I go buying jets.

On the upside, the pipe is nice and quiet. Very pleasant.

Opinions, experience, advice?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ250F_Rider

Posted December 07, 2006 - 04:19 AM

I just installed one and I'm a little disappointed. The low end power is GONE and the bike needs to be maybe 1/3 throttle before it "comes on the pipe". Then it runs good, but until then it feels "choked". This may just be a jetting issue, but I thought I'd query the People In The Know before I go buying jets.

On the upside, the pipe is nice and quiet. Very pleasant.

Opinions, experience, advice?

The only way I was able to cure the loss of low end power on our 04 yz250f's was to hang the megabomb header on the bikes as well. The loss of power on those bikes was considerable and the megabomb pulled it back out and made a more linear power curve.

I read somewhere they designed them as a system, so if you want to run the Q2 you really need the header. And the thing of it is, the sound levels really only reduce at test rpms. at wot the Q2 was right up there with the rest of the pips for being loud.

• Gerry B

Posted December 11, 2006 - 09:16 AM

I have a YZ426 and I installed a new Q2 also with a power bomb header. I also installed a power now and I still have tons of power. I ran a 42 pilot jet and a 168 main jet.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.