XR650L exhuast packing, and update to riding your own property in FL.

3 replies to this topic
  • rebelventurer

Posted December 06, 2006 - 05:15 PM

I recently ordered new packing for my FMF silencer. Once again the bozos at the local Honda shop let me down, a month gone by and no packing. Well I could not stand it any longer so I went to the hardware store in search of rockwool, no luck with that either, so I got enough #3 course steel wool to repack the can with. Results were very favorable have ridden about a hundred miles and it seems to be holding up well!
The other subject which I shall add on here to avoid it being moved to another forum. I had started another thread which has been moved twice titled "riding your own property in Florida" which is now in the southeast forum, and I have updated it tonight. For the sake of my typing abilities I ask that you check out the update, (very favorable, and once again proves there is a God) :worthy: :D

• Boudroux

Posted December 07, 2006 - 08:59 AM

I recently ordered new packing for my FMF silencer. Once again the bozos at the local Honda shop let me down, a month gone by and no packing.

Not trying to bash just curious. Are you anti online stores? It would seem that ordering that type of stuff from an online retailer might be a great option.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted December 07, 2006 - 01:42 PM

boudroux, no I am not anti online, I buy lots from the web. I just happened to be drooling all over the new bikes and thought they may actually come through this time. So I was not really suprised they failed again.

• bork

Posted December 08, 2006 - 06:17 AM

I have repacked my own using fibre glass. Glass is glass. Or you may try the ceramic cloth for header wrap at auto parts store. The steel wool is good & may last longer but also may spit out red hot steel fibre's ? I dunno ? Just a thought, to prevent a premature smokey land clearing?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.