Wanted, Clear Rear Small, Snug fit LED Signal Lights

11 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted December 06, 2006 - 12:39 PM

After puttig on my new Baja Designs rear plastic liscence plate bracket and yz fender, i find my signal lights stick out too far, do yo guys recommend a set for the rear that are clear led, that shine orange when lit up to match my clear tailight, and are snug mounted or close to the fender?? I also have clearance issues with my muffler........

• byggd

Posted December 07, 2006 - 05:00 AM

The rear blinkers that came with my BD kit are tear drop and don’t stick out but the front ones do. I was thinking if trying to use these front and rear. I believe the flasher will need to be replaced as well.

https://www.bajadesi...2.aspx?content=

• CSS9961

Posted December 07, 2006 - 09:43 AM

:worthy:

http://www.1tail.com...NT_ASSY-RED.htm

• steve lemley

Posted December 07, 2006 - 10:35 AM

here's my set up, I got the lights on ebay, they are teir drop style carbon fiber with amber lenses. I like the look.

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=14363

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=14356

• Birdy426

Posted December 07, 2006 - 12:08 PM

K and S "FLush Mount V's" are small, cheap and work well...if you remember to put a bit of RTV on the bulb to hold it in place. They are also available with LEDs instead of regular light bulbs, at a cost of about 25 bucks a pair. Pics in my garage.

• drtbk4ever

Posted December 07, 2006 - 12:56 PM

K and S "FLush Mount V's" are small, cheap and work well...if you remember to put a bit of RTV on the bulb to hold it in place. They are also available with LEDs instead of regular light bulbs, at a cost of about 25 bucks a pair. Pics in my garage.

Hey Birdy, I have a couple of questions about your signal lights.
So RTV is the solution for keeping those bulbs in their clips?

And how did you mount your onto the fender? I use double sided foam tape, but have had them peeled off by branches or my boots (unplanned getoffs).

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted December 08, 2006 - 12:53 PM

Yup..a bit of clear RTV at the base of the bulb to glue it (and the clips) in place works wonders. Still comes off, too, if the bulb burns out.

I don't trust the foam tape that comes with the lights, so drilled a 1/8 inch hole thru the baseplate of each light and screwed them to the fenders and headlight with screws and nylok nuts. I put a drop of cyanacrolate adhesive (permabond) on each of the nuts that pick up the lens attachemnt screws to hold them in the recesses on the back of the light, so they are sandwiched between the light base plate and the fender, and I used the foam tape as a gasket. On my son's 250, I used cherry rivets instead of screws and lock nuts to hold the base plate to the fender, and it seems to work just as well.

• drtbk4ever

Posted December 11, 2006 - 11:54 AM

Yup..a bit of clear RTV at the base of the bulb to glue it (and the clips) in place works wonders. Still comes off, too, if the bulb burns out.

I don't trust the foam tape that comes with the lights, so drilled a 1/8 inch hole thru the baseplate of each light and screwed them to the fenders and headlight with screws and nylok nuts. I put a drop of cyanacrolate adhesive (permabond) on each of the nuts that pick up the lens attachemnt screws to hold them in the recesses on the back of the light, so they are sandwiched between the light base plate and the fender, and I used the foam tape as a gasket. On my son's 250, I used cherry rivets instead of screws and lock nuts to hold the base plate to the fender, and it seems to work just as well.

Thanks Birdy,

I'll keep that fix in mind for the next time the foam tape fails.

• byggd

Posted December 11, 2006 - 01:15 PM

OK..... I'm a little behind here. I did a search for "K and S FLush Mount V's" and I can't find any place that sells them? Are they LED or bulb style?

• MountainMax

Posted December 11, 2006 - 02:06 PM

Ok, I have decided to go with the Clear looking flush mount ones from Baja Designs, their pic online was poor but they sent me this better pic (they are also revamping their website)

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted December 11, 2006 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the picture MM those are the ones I am looking at as well. Much cleaner than the amber ones that came with the kit. I will probably mount the rears on the side just behind the seat.......mostly to cover the holes where the amber units are currently mounted.

Did you replace the flasher with one designed for LED?

• MountainMax

Posted December 11, 2006 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, you have to order a 3 prong flasher if you have a 2 prong one now, like I did............

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.