Question about uncorking BRP

7 replies to this topic
  • timvr6

Posted December 06, 2006 - 08:07 AM

I have swapped out all the parts, but have a question on reassembly of the carb. I've read the Helm Manual, but I want to make sure I understand it correctly.

1. I removed the Main Jet, Jet Holder, Needle Jet Holder and locknut, and Needle Jet.

2. I replaced the Needle Jet with the one that came in the Needle Jet Set, but when putting the Needle Jet Holder and locknut back on, should I keep screwing the Needle Jet Holder til it seats against the Needle Jet Set and then tighten the locknut?

If I'm not using the correct names for the parts, I'm using the names that Service Honda gave all these parts. I'm including the link to the diagram as well if anyone can help.

• simon@vic

Posted December 06, 2006 - 10:21 AM

you need to re- phrase your question............
I'm not sure what your getting at...........

• timvr6

Posted December 06, 2006 - 11:49 AM

What's the correct way to install the Needle Jet Holder (item #21 in the Diagram)?

• motomonte

Posted December 06, 2006 - 01:33 PM

I think that you should screw it all the way since these type of jets don't have any adjustment like an iddle or mixture adj. jet or so.anyways be careful with the torque,just screw it in until it lightly seats. remember to specify if "R" or "L" in your posts as the carbs change.....Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • timvr6

Posted December 06, 2006 - 04:16 PM

Thanks...I'm going to go back in there and make sure it's seated. BTW - it's a "R"

• frankstr

Posted December 07, 2006 - 05:45 AM

timvr6 , Welcome to TT....:worthy:

• timvr6

Posted December 07, 2006 - 08:35 AM

Took the carb back out last night and redid everything.....and it fired up first kick. It's never done that!

• HawkGT

Posted December 07, 2006 - 02:37 PM

Yes, the needle jet holder (aka emucification tube) should be seated against the needle jet. Then the locknut gets snugged down.

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.