Rekluse Question

3 replies to this topic
  • Monster04

Posted December 05, 2006 - 09:55 PM

After reading previous threads im considering getting a Rekluse. I race MotoX and i was wondering what is the best way to do starts with it. Do i stall it up against the the brake or do i just roll it on. Also are they legal.

• Fastest1

Posted December 06, 2006 - 04:41 AM

I have the Rekluse and the rear hand brake kit. Yes I do powerbrake it for the best start. Squeeze both brakes and start raising the RPM's then let go when the gate falls. They pull very well. It will wheelie at any time just like a stock clutch. You could also run the override lever if you desire, I dont run it and am very happy. If you ever have to deal with Rekluse, you will be amazed at their cutomer service and promptness. :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted December 06, 2006 - 05:27 AM

I just raise the RPM's enough to tighten the chain up. Wait for the gate to drop and wack the throttle open. I haven't been worse than third to the first corner after installing the Rekluse. The auto-clutch definitely hooks the rear tire to the dirt! The are also legal in all sanctioning bodies of MX.

• TexN343

Posted December 06, 2006 - 03:04 PM

The clutch over-ride in what I use so I can keep rpms high and just dump the clutch when the gate falls. I start in 3rd gear. I have an 04 so I only have 4gears and any gear below 3rd just wheelies too much. I get great starts because I don't have to shift at all on the starts. Those few miliseconds really help.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.