HotCam in my 650L

5 replies to this topic
  • sgifford

Posted December 05, 2006 - 09:00 PM

I had to replace my stock camshaft, so I went with a HotCam. My top-end was very noisy, so I checked and found the camshaft and rocker arms were in need of replacement. While in there, I also replaced the cam chain and tensioner.

Unfortunately, after putting it back together and starting it up, the top-end is still very noisy. Too noisy. The noise is definitely top-end. (I've checked and rechecked the valves.)

All I can think of at this point is noise from one or more worn valve trains. I don't hear any clicking when I rotate the engine by hand, only when it's running. What could be noisy in the valve train? A broken spring?

Back into the engine again...

Seldon

• flametrain

Posted December 12, 2006 - 07:28 PM

hello there..
are you sure your cam chain is adjusted correctly...

• porterdog

Posted December 14, 2006 - 01:00 PM

Does the L have an auto-decompression dealie on it? Those have a rep for being loud at idle...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted December 14, 2006 - 03:07 PM

Could be a number of things, valve guides, decompression actuator, cam chain. Did you pull the head? valve seats, valves could be worn and the culprit of excess noise? :thumbsup:

• Shawn_Mc

Posted December 14, 2006 - 03:57 PM

For some reason the Hotcam profiles generate more noise too. I know everybody thats put them in a CRF says the same thing. You may want to ask that question at HotCams.

• valvesrule

Posted April 26, 2009 - 11:46 PM

Just put mine in and it's just as quiet as the stocker.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.