FMF POWERBOMB on a 650R?

12 replies to this topic
  • pgiinc

Posted December 05, 2006 - 08:39 PM

any of you guys tried this on a 650R
I just put a FMF Q2 on my 650R and I like it and I am now looking at the powerbomb header
I want o know if it makes a differance
please comment

• jbird710

Posted December 05, 2006 - 08:51 PM

Ditto - just got a new R and trying to decide on exhaust. I just want to be sure and get something with a spark arrestor as I'll be riding in the National Forest; but still want the best performance I can get.

• wcorbett

Posted December 05, 2006 - 09:24 PM

XR's only pipe...DA BEST its legal usfs inside spark arrestor and screen type and it flows major air

• jbird710

Posted December 05, 2006 - 09:39 PM

I guess I'll have to go with 2nd best because XR's Only will never see another penny of my business after the way I was treated.

• Potts228

Posted December 06, 2006 - 12:49 AM

any of you guys tried this on a 650R
I just put a FMF Q2 on my 650R and I like it and I am now looking at the powerbomb header
I want o know if it makes a differance
please comment

I have the Powerbomb Header and the Q2 and use this for pre-running and trail use. The simple answer is it's lighter than stock but no real seat of the pants, noticable power gain. However, it does give you a good balance of power; Good torque and good top end. If you want top end then the Pro Circuit or XR's only is better but you lose some of the low end.

• pgiinc

Posted December 06, 2006 - 06:33 AM

I don't want to lose any low end.
so Should I not even think about a header pipe powerbomb

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pgiinc

Posted December 06, 2006 - 09:10 AM

Yes Xrs Only Is Payapal Only And Did No Answer My Emails
I Will Avoid Them At All Cost

• Dan Turner

Posted December 06, 2006 - 10:24 AM

I've got the powerbomb and power core 4, granted it's on an 87 XR600R, but I really like it, and made a huge improvement on the "butt dyno."

-Dan

• RC30

Posted December 06, 2006 - 01:40 PM

Ciao pgiinc, I put the FMF powerbomb header pipe and I tested it on Soft-Engine Dynamometer.

This is the result...........

Posted Image

.........the black curve refer to stock configuration and....

.........the green curve refer to FMF powerbomb pipe header with stock silencer.

From the graphic I removed two curves which refer to other upgrades.......(see its later......)

• pgiinc

Posted December 06, 2006 - 02:41 PM

thanks RC for the info
I am going to forget about it

• motopsycho650

Posted December 06, 2006 - 05:17 PM

Is the FMF Q2 more or less restrictive than a stock exhaust with the HRC spark arrestor?

I've got my bike fully HRC uncorked, with a cut out side panel, & stock exhaust. Besides the size of the stock exhaust, I have no complaints about it's power, or it's noise. I'm guessing I'm a bit over the 96 dBl limit, but I'm not willing to give up any power. Besides, in Colorado, I have yet to hear of anyone getting noise tested by a ranger.

Anyways, I was just wondering which you people think is less restrictive? FMF Q2, or Stock/HRC Tip?

• pgiinc

Posted December 06, 2006 - 05:43 PM

well I think the HRC flows pretty good I just took it off and install the Q2 and it flows a lot also but it sounds better and makes less noise and is 2.3 pounds light and looks better

• RC30

Posted December 07, 2006 - 08:30 AM

Yesterday I forgot the torque curves.

There they are:

Posted Image

Ciao Piero

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.