Info needed on WR 400 wheels.

5 replies to this topic
  • Crafty

Posted December 04, 2006 - 10:01 PM

I have a set of wheels off my wr 400 2000 model that I am trying to sell but I am not sure what other bikes they will fit. I know they will fit on some WR's just not sure which ones. Any help with this would be great.

• jbrooks26

Posted December 04, 2006 - 11:48 PM

You can check and go to their parts section. You can then cross reference all year models that you are interested in. Check part numbers for the Hubs and/or Axles to see if they use the same part number. Other than that you would need to measure the axle size, if it is the same diameter axle then you are good to go. Hope this helps.

• R_Little

Posted December 05, 2006 - 07:36 AM

It fits almost all yamaha!

The front wheels will fit all 98-00 Wr/YZ/YZF. It will also fit 01 and on but the disk will have to be changed. It may also fit the 96 and 97 YZ/WR too.

The rear wheel will like wise fit 99 up to 01 all WR/YZ/YZF. I also believe it will fit the 02 onward but it will require different wheel spacers and maybe a different rear disk. The 98 and eariler wheel is different and it will not fit any bike made before 99.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted December 05, 2006 - 12:23 PM

how much do you want for the wheels?

• 2tall2tall

Posted December 06, 2006 - 05:37 AM

The 2000 WR400 rear wheel will not easily fit on a 2002 WR400. It has a different diameter brake disc, will require custom spacers and will have chain alignment problems. I have both models thinking that the parts would be a simple interchange and was sadly mistaken.

I am definitely interested in your 2000WR wheels. Send me a personal message with your information.

• clark4131

Posted December 06, 2006 - 01:15 PM

Hey guys, please don't let this turn into a "For Sale" thread. If you want to negotiate a sale, post it in the classifieds or handle via PM. Thanks...SC

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.