WORKING THE STOCK SUSPENSION

2 replies to this topic
  • AZWR400

Posted December 28, 2001 - 10:26 PM

I HAVE RECENTLY MADE THE TRANSITION FORM YZ TO WR. I'M ENJOYING THE ROOM BETWEEN GEARS BUT THE SUSPENSION FEELS LIKE A CADILAC. I GO ABOUT 230# GEARED OUT. I WON'T GO ON A DIET AND I WON'T STOP DRINKING BEER. ANY HELP OR ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted December 29, 2001 - 01:40 AM

I had my suspension done by MX-Tech. At 220 buck necked :) They revalved front and back, and went up on the rear spring only. The set-up is for a mid pack C rider in MX, with a little Hare Scramble thrown in :D

Works great on the track and on the trail.

Bill :D

• John_Curea

Posted December 29, 2001 - 03:51 AM

AZ

At 230lbs. , your stock fork springs (.46) and the stock shock spring (5.0) are too light.

I would recommend 4.8 fork springs and a 5.8 shock spring.

What type of riding are you mostly doing?

Take Care, John

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: John Curea ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.