xr650 tank on a xr600!Possible??????

6 replies to this topic
  • zacko

Posted December 04, 2006 - 04:54 PM

Hi guys,
Am thinking of bidding for an xr650 tank on ebay but the problem is that i dont know if it my fit my xr600(1992 model).Do u guys think its possible to fit the tank onto my bike??????

http://cgi.ebay.com/...63799074&rd=1,1

the seller claims that its a five gallon tank!
Need u guys expert oponion on whether i should bid for the tank or do u guys know of any other tank i could use as i am looking for an oversize tank now

Thanks in advance.......
Cheers.........

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted December 04, 2006 - 07:46 PM

It will fit with some minor bracket mods. I can't tell if it has the 4 holes underneath for the two 600 brackets from the pics.
Tanks for 600's pop up on ebay all the time. Acerbis makes a 6 gallon one if you want really big. Or if you want a tanker Acerbis used to make an 11 gallon tank for the 600. :worthy:
I have the IMS 4.7 gallon for the 600 and it is a very nice tank, bolts up with no mods at all.

• zacko

Posted December 04, 2006 - 09:33 PM

[
I have the IMS 4.7 gallon for the 600 and it is a very nice tank, bolts up with no mods at all.[/QUOTE]

Sound interesting!!U have any pics??
How much would it cost??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted December 05, 2006 - 04:36 AM

Sorry no pics of mine. IMS, Clarke and Acerbis all make tanks for the XR600. They each make different sizes and have pics on their web sites.

• frankstr

Posted December 05, 2006 - 05:35 AM

I would think you'd be better off getting a tank thats
made for your bike......:worthy:

:D :prof:

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted December 05, 2006 - 02:08 PM

Hi guys,
Am thinking of bidding for an xr650 tank on ebay but the problem is that i dont know if it my fit my xr600(1992 model).Do u guys think its possible to fit the tank onto my bike??????

http://cgi.ebay.com/...63799074&rd=1,1

the seller claims that its a five gallon tank!
Need u guys expert oponion on whether i should bid for the tank or do u guys know of any other tank i could use as i am looking for an oversize tank now

Thanks in advance.......
Cheers.........

Yes it will fit. You'll only need to remove those two ugly metal brackets as they are XRL specific and put your stock XR front mounts and rear mount on it. The tank is a 5 gal unit....good luck.

• zacko

Posted December 05, 2006 - 06:57 PM

good to hear that!!!!
Do u guys think i should bid for the tank or get other tank???
How much would a new one cost????
Am quite interested in the translucent ims tank but too expensive lah....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.