Pigs in the snow?

23 replies to this topic
  • lhark

Posted December 09, 2006 - 01:01 PM

I can dig up an older shot or two of my XR600 doing a wheelie on ice....
I'll put them in my garage, and let you know when they get there.
Have fun, everyone.

• lhark

Posted December 11, 2006 - 02:12 PM

Update: Found one decent shot....look for it, in my garage XR600. It was an '86, and I made it look like an '87 just for grins. I did a total rebuild, including head work, White Bros cam, and higher compression piston. The thing was a rocket, and sure a lot of fun to ride. I sold it, once I bought the XR650L, that's also in my garage area.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Old_Man_Time

Posted December 12, 2006 - 12:29 PM

Yep, I ride my pig in the snow every year. There comes a point when its no fun. That point is usually somewhere around 9 - 12 inches. Also when the weather temporarily warms up and then freezes again it will develope a sheet of ice under the surface in places. That is no fun either. Other than that snow riding is a lot of fun. I found the Maxxis IT is a decent snow tire. I don't think much of it in most other conditions but have to admit in the snow it digs down and grabs nicely.

• glabudde

Posted December 13, 2006 - 06:30 PM

Riding in snow is a pain. Going up if tough, reving the hell out of it as the wheels spin with little air on the radiator = hot engine. Shut it down to rest - hard to start. Then going back down is worse - front end has a mind of its own.

For a mile or so in <12 - inches - fine. Anything more sucks. Just my opinion. Tried twice with the same experience.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.