2003 WR450 Need carb parts

6 replies to this topic
  • BEAN329

Posted December 03, 2006 - 08:14 PM

Hello, I have a 2003 WR450, I need a part for my carb. It's the plastic tee for the vent hoses on the left side of the carb. This is the one were one hose goes straight up and the other hose goes down to the swingarm. If any one knows where to get this part please let me know. thanks:thumbsup:

• specialk6r

Posted December 03, 2006 - 10:42 PM

That sounds like an item you might be able to get at NAPA. I'd try bringing in the vent hose and explaining to them what you need. I'm sure it's about 25 bucks from Yamaha (that seems to be their minimum replacement part fee.)

• BEAN329

Posted December 04, 2006 - 08:14 AM

Definately not a NAPA parts, this is the tee that is pressed into the carb. but thanks anyway. I guess I needed to make my self clearer. I've gone to the SUDCO website but there exploded view does not match my carb exactly, I guess I may have to just call them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JJHayesIII

Posted December 04, 2006 - 01:08 PM

You can probably get the needed part from the TT store as well...

look up the part here:
http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

and order from the TT OEM Store...

• JJHayesIII

Posted December 04, 2006 - 01:10 PM

forgot to mention, you may also be able to get it at any industrial-supply type place that sells air fittings (or even automatic sprinklers perhaps), as i believe it's a standard diameter tubing...

• bg10459

Posted December 04, 2006 - 04:01 PM

You may be screwed. Sudco only lists for mikuni carbs; not the variations that are made for each manufacturer. That piece could be specific to Yamahas. I can see it on the parts diagram, but it has no part number.

Were you able to get the rest of the piece out of the carb? Maybe you can drill it out and epoxy a new brass or plastic tee in its' place?:worthy:

I'd ask Eddie in the jetting forum.

• BEAN329

Posted December 04, 2006 - 09:06 PM

well only the one hose broke off the one going down to the swingarm. I spoke with sudco today they said sorry thats not part they can get. I think i will just plug the break or try to epoxy the plastic back on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.