cush drive

7 replies to this topic
  • smrich

Posted December 03, 2006 - 08:37 AM

I was wondering if we could run a cush drive like the 650l does, on a 650r? I have a 650r tard and sometimes I get rear wheel hop under hard braking, backing it in. Since I can't fine a slipper clutch for the 650 thought a cush drive would help. My friend has a L an I think I remember seeing a cush drive set-up. Would the L hub or aftermarket L hub fit the 650R? I have Talon hubs but I can't find them for the L. I might not be looking at the right places so thanks for anything you guys know.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted December 03, 2006 - 09:19 AM

Not sure I understand how cush drive comes in to play with braking? (Unless you're engine braking)

• cleonard

Posted December 03, 2006 - 10:35 AM

I was wondering if we could run a cush drive like the 650l does, on a 650r? I have a 650r tard and sometimes I get rear wheel hop under hard braking, backing it in. Since I can't fine a slipper clutch for the 650 thought a cush drive would help. My friend has a L an I think I remember seeing a cush drive set-up. Would the L hub or aftermarket L hub fit the 650R? I have Talon hubs but I can't find them for the L. I might not be looking at the right places so thanks for anything you guys know.

The 650L does not have a cush drive.

• smrich

Posted December 03, 2006 - 02:59 PM

Oh, my bad. I thought when we changed a rear tire on a L that there was like 4 or 5 rubber pieces in the rear hub like a sportbike (cush drive). It would help to have some play in there for hard engine braking so the rear tire doesn't act like you slammed the brake on an start hopping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted December 03, 2006 - 05:57 PM

Oh, my bad. I thought when we changed a rear tire on a L that there was like 4 or 5 rubber pieces in the rear hub like a sportbike (cush drive). It would help to have some play in there for hard engine braking so the rear tire doesn't act like you slammed the brake on an start hopping.

My rear sprocket bolts directly to the hub on my L.

• smrich

Posted December 03, 2006 - 07:14 PM

Sorry guys I think I'm having a senior moment! Think I was confused between my bikes, maybe the klr650 I was thinking of. Or not!

• danbart

Posted December 03, 2006 - 09:56 PM

the KTM LC4 has a cush drive.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted December 04, 2006 - 06:34 AM

Sorry guys I think I'm having a senior moment!

It's OK. Those started for me when I was a zygote...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.