Its Alive!

3 replies to this topic
  • Kyle Prior

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:48 PM

So many of you know that my motor siezed up on Thanksgiving day. After pulling an 8 hour marathon of work today to get my bike running for tomorrow, I have succeeded. This was my first bike motor tear down (Ive built a small block chevy), and I am so pleased, as it started right on the 2nd kick, has no smoke of any kind, and sounds so much cleaner than before. I was worried something would go wrong, but knock on would, everything fell in to place very nicely. I cant wait until I can get out an ride it hard, as tomorrow will be a take it easy day. Thanks for all the help I recieved on some of my other threads along the way.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:51 PM

I'm so glad you got it running, and damn quickly too. Good job, and have fun on the ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2006 - 02:00 PM

This was my first bike motor tear down ....I was worried something would go wrong, but knock on would, everything fell in to place very nicely.

The engineers that designed it have it set up so that if you put all the parts back in in their correct locations, it will run. :worthy:

• Kyle Prior

Posted December 03, 2006 - 04:33 PM

The engineers that designed it have it set up so that if you put all the parts back in in their correct locations, it will run. :worthy:

I noticed, but I was worried about not getting the timing right, or messing up the valve shims. Everything went good, and I got to ride it for about 2 hours today.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.