Tranny Problems

4 replies to this topic
  • DOC65

Posted December 02, 2006 - 07:17 PM

I Have An 07 Yz-450f And I Am Having Some Shifting Problems. Mostly It Finds A False Nuetral Between 2nd And 3rd. Has Anyone Else Had This Problem And What Is The Fix.

Doc

• OcotilloBound

Posted December 02, 2006 - 07:28 PM

On my 06 I sometimes have it happen between 1st and 2nd, but I was chalking that up to user error and not the bike. Although it could conceivably be the bike - I've been riding for a long time now, and I think I know how to shift. It never happens on my 2-smoke, it shifts like butter dribbling off a hot biscuit, every time. Perhaps a dry-sump issue?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • never59

Posted December 02, 2006 - 07:45 PM

Sorry to hear that! I have no problems with my 07 so far?

• TexN343

Posted December 03, 2006 - 12:01 AM

If you find yourself not fully shifting into 2nd gear try adjusting the shift lever down more so you have to come up less to fully engage the shift. The problem of neutral in between 2nd and 3rd is new to me.

• mxracer206

Posted December 03, 2006 - 04:58 AM

I Have An 07 Yz-450f And I Am Having Some Shifting Problems. Mostly It Finds A False Nuetral Between 2nd And 3rd. Has Anyone Else Had This Problem And What Is The Fix.

Doc

Our 07 loosened up with time but you may wan't to at least tell your dealer about the problem. The only shifting problem's I have had on Yamaha's have been traced to the shifter pawls. The little spring loaded pucks that push out on the paddles that turn the shift drum can hang up a little. If this happens it will pull the drum back between gears when you let off of the shifter. I usually polish these up any time I have the case off.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.