noise problems damn neighbors someone help....

9 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted December 02, 2006 - 03:11 PM

I have 60 acres but i am in a nice neighbor hood so i have lots of neighbors i have recently built a track behind my house.I have an 06 yamaha yz450f has a slip on Whitebrothers MX4. And its loud. Everyone is raising hell. Whats my best options on exhaust cause the tract isnt going ANYWHERE. the noise just carries so far its crazy. Should i quiet this one down? or will i loose power? Or what exhaust would give me same or better power i dont care if it is slip on or full. I dont want to give up any power:naughty: Is the Dr D full system much quieter or what should I go with. All I want is good power with less noise... I just need it so it doesnt carry so far, people that live on different streets are fussing:bonk: . Thanks Guys

• yz_for_me

Posted December 02, 2006 - 03:49 PM

If it were me, i'd go as quiet as I could regardless of power loss. If you piss of your neighbors too much you will have NO place to ride. People in "nice" neighborhoods are frequently far from nice when it comes to things like this. They are often just the sort that will get a lawyer or local government involved. The next thing you know you'll only wish you could ride a quiet bike. Think this won't happen? Ask Jeremy McGrath about it. Your lucky enough to have your own track. Losing a little power is a small price to pay to keep it.

My advice, get the quietest pipe you can find. Your 450 will still have plenty of power.

• RAMARION

Posted December 02, 2006 - 03:59 PM

If it were me, i'd go as quiet as I could regardless of power loss. If you piss of your neighbors too much you will have NO place to ride. People in "nice" neighborhoods are frequently far from nice when it comes to things like this. They are often just the sort that will get a lawyer or local government involved. The next thing you know you'll only wish you could ride a quiet bike. Think this won't happen? Ask Jeremy McGrath about it. Your lucky enough to have your own track. Losing a little power is a small price to pay to keep it.

My advice, get the quietest pipe you can find. Your 450 will still have plenty of power.

DITTO

• steve_97060

Posted December 02, 2006 - 04:38 PM

I'm just curious what kind of neighborhood you live in with 60 acre lots and lots of neighbors?

Oh, and about the noise, make it as quiet as you can or you will soon be visited by your friendly local "authorities"....kind of a no brainer actually....

• TD-3

Posted December 02, 2006 - 05:04 PM

Well said! :worthy:

I have a friend who has some acreage and a track he HAD been using for 30 years (yep 30!!) get shutdown because of noise. The guy complaining lived 4 miles away! He got the police and the town involved, found an old noise ordinance on the books and the track is no more. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamahafan

Posted December 02, 2006 - 05:57 PM

The 450 is the loudest bike to begin with. White Bros makes a smaller endcap that might reduce the noise enough. If not, I would try the quietest pipe you can get. I don't know if the 2007 stock pipe will fit the 2006, but they are supposed to be pretty quiet and you could pick one up cheap on eBay.

Either way, I belonged to two tracks that both closed last year due to noise. Don't screw yourself - riding your bike in the backyard at 95% power is much better than having to load it up and haul it to ride somewhere else. I would also limit your riding to reasonable hours. Be proactive and talk to your neighbors. Work out a compromise. Most people want to be good neighbors and will put up with more than they should as long as you talk to them and don't act like an a**hole. You might want to make friends with all the neighbor kids as well.

• matts06yzf

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for response guys what pipe is good and wont kill me on power loss...?
my direct side by side neighbors havent said a word. Its the neighbors that live a ways away raising hell. sooo what should i get?

• matts06yzf

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:40 PM

I'm just curious what kind of neighborhood you live in with 60 acre lots and lots of neighbors?

Oh, and about the noise, make it as quiet as you can or you will soon be visited by your friendly local "authorities"....kind of a no brainer actually....

Its houses up and down the street most are 1/2 acre lots but I am dead in the middle 60 acres that had not been developed.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for response guys what pipe is good and wont kill me on power loss...?
my direct side by side neighbors havent said a word. Its the neighbors that live a ways away raising hell. sooo what should i get?

I would get the Dr D and then purchase the quite core insert. You will still have decent power and the bike will be less than 96db, all for an afordable price.

• dooweb2

Posted December 03, 2006 - 06:26 AM

lol we have same deal here I run q 2 and am very happy.. the old fmf q is even quieter thats probably the most quiet pipe.. ive heard good things about dr d as well.. if i were in your shoes id get the regular q pipe off e bay and try it if you hate it you sell it on e bay and lose nothing then get dr d or q 2.. I have 06 450.. I also agree that id try the 07 yz pipe I think it fits but check its supposed to be super duper quiet and real good power but doeswnt seem it at friest cus its so quiet..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.