plastic compatibility YZ400 & 426

4 replies to this topic
  • whalerboy

Posted December 02, 2006 - 09:29 AM

OK, here's my problem.... I'm looking for black radiator shrouds for my 99 YZ400F, and have yet to find them. I have found them for the YZ426. My question is this, I know many of graphics manufacturers say their graphics will fit YZ400s and YZ426s, so I would think that the shrouds would have to be pretty much the same.

Anybody ever put on YZ426 shrouds on a YZ400?

OR

Anybody know where I can find black radiator shrouds for a YZ400?

• yz_for_me

Posted December 02, 2006 - 04:00 PM

As I recall, the only difference btween the 400 and 426 shrouds is the angle of the bolt that attaches them to the radiator. If memory serves, the bolt on the 426 is more angled than the 400. I know you can interchange the shrouds, but you have to modify the radiator mount hole to work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Croft315

Posted December 02, 2006 - 04:12 PM

That seems like what I saw too (back then I worked at a Yamaha shop).

They can be made to fit and it may be the hot ticket as colors will be limited for actual YZ400 rad shrouds.

• SXP

Posted December 02, 2006 - 06:16 PM

OK, here's my problem.... I'm looking for black radiator shrouds for my 99 YZ400F, and have yet to find them. I have found them for the YZ426. My question is this, I know many of graphics manufacturers say their graphics will fit YZ400s and YZ426s, so I would think that the shrouds would have to be pretty much the same.

Anybody ever put on YZ426 shrouds on a YZ400?

OR

Anybody know where I can find black radiator shrouds for a YZ400?

You can make the 426 shrouds work by drilling another small hole near the radiator bolt hole in the shroud and then using zip-ties to attach it to the radiator. Thread the zip-tie through the two holes in the shroud and then through the radiator nut and then pull the tie tight. Use a black zip-tie and you will have to look closely to notice. The upper two bolt holes on the shrouds are in exactly the same position as the 400 shroud.

• Smartt Yamaha127

Posted December 02, 2006 - 08:02 PM

Ya, they work.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.