70+ Hp Xr650l

83 replies to this topic
  • HeadTrauma

Posted June 29, 2008 - 12:00 PM

You´re Uncle Bob on SMJ, right?

Also well known on theturboforums.com for his turbo bikes. :thumbsup:

Just a rough guess, but that turbo is probably good to 150 hp or so. A little bigger than I'd want to go unless its an all out race bike

Do you know of any that have useful power ranges lower than the current crop of small frame turbos? I mean even Garrett's tiny GT12 has a sweet spot around 100hp.(as you already know)

• UncleBob

Posted June 29, 2008 - 12:23 PM

Also well known on theturboforums.com for his turbo bikes. :thumbsup:

hehe, you get around

Do you know of any that have useful power ranges lower than the current crop of small frame turbos? I mean even Garrett's tiny GT12 has a sweet spot around 100hp.(as you already know)

really depends on the engine. The DRZ is just too small to make best use of the GT12, even with a very well massaged engine. A XR650 is a completely different situation though. I think a GT12 would work really well on it whether it's a mild or wild engine build. The extra CC's really help either way to take full advantage of the turbo

But its a question of what you want. If you are going for a fun street machine without radical engine building, I'd personally go with a RHB32. Less peak potential but better spooling

my next DRZ build will be using a RHB

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BenDiesel

Posted June 29, 2008 - 02:35 PM

that trubo might work good on that diesel dirt bike that the army is looking at....

• SoCalXR600Rmonkey

Posted January 02, 2011 - 01:05 PM

hey i was poking around and ran into these posts - did anyone save a copy of the steel ring picture? love to see it if poss and as long as stepho is ok with it - i know there were some issues w/ him sharing info at one time- great guy , killer posts. don't want to cause trouble for him. esteyes@cox.net

thanx

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.