California OHV riding on a WR

1 reply to this topic
  • marcoma

Posted December 02, 2006 - 12:09 AM

I've been reading through several old threads and I noticed some people concerned that removing the AIS will anger the ranger gods and land them in trouble. Surely they dont enforce THAT??? My bike has a spark arrestor but was spitting flames out of the exhaust before I removed the AIS - its less of a fire hazard without it!
Has anyone experienced problems in this area?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted December 02, 2006 - 12:25 AM

I've been reading through several old threads and I noticed some people concerned that removing the AIS will anger the ranger gods and land them in trouble. Surely they dont enforce THAT??? My bike has a spark arrestor but was spitting flames out of the exhaust before I removed the AIS - its less of a fire hazard without it!
Has anyone experienced problems in this area?

Technically tampering/removing an emissions control device is a federal offence

Some places (carnegie comes to mind) the rangers pretty strict about enforcing the AIS junk. If you show up at the gate and one of the main rangers sees you have it missing then you will not be let into the park. If you get in and ride and a ranger happens to spot the AIS missing they'll pull you over and tell you not to come back until the AIS is back on.

Other places really don't give a rats ass as long as you have valid registration, a spark arrestor and are under at or under 96db.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.