How much is too much??

4 replies to this topic
  • adam918

Posted December 01, 2006 - 01:52 PM

Could two small dings, on my head pipe, from being roosted, affect my bikes performance??? I'd say they are about 7-10 mm long, if that. Maybe 2 mm deep.

• Blue4Ever

Posted December 01, 2006 - 02:06 PM

Too small to worry about. There should be no noticable change.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2006 - 04:35 PM

Freeze them out.

Stand the pipe up like a "U", fill it partially with water, and close the ends with plastic wrap and rubber bands. Then pop it into the freezer positioned so that the dents are underwater. When the water freezes, it will push the dents out.

Be a little careful with it, as titanium gets a little brittle when it's cold.

• tnl

Posted December 01, 2006 - 06:30 PM

How about creases rather than dents? I have a bend not really a crease at the bend and was wondering if it would straighten it out? Guess I could try it?

• adam918

Posted December 02, 2006 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I will definately try the freezer trick, moving the hungry man as we speak.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.